perfume pen similarities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

I know this may open a can of worms but how do the Berea and CSUSA perfume pen kits compare. More specifically, the bushings. I want to order some of the chrome kits from BB at AS but I'm also ordering some stuff from CSUSA. I noticed that the CSUSA bushings are 3 bucks cheaper. The kits look identical. Anyone out there used both on the same bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patrick_1853

Do they use different types of bushings? CSUSA sells adaptor tubes and bushings, while BB only offerred bushings for Berea's. Do the CSUSA bushings not have steps or whatever you want to call them to hold the tube?

Patrick

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Patrick, interesting... I have never used the CSU bushings system... I just bought extra bushings from Bill when I placed an order and those are stepped and fit a standard mandrel. If you need to purchase adapter sleeves to allow them to work then the Berea bushings may be cheaper..

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
If we are talking about the same pens, they may look identical, but they aren't.

The brass tubes for the CSUSA pen are slightly larger than those in the Berea Flat-top. The difference is only about 0.005". That is just enough that the CSUSA tubes are a loose fit on the Berea bushings, but the Berea tubes won't go on the CSUSA bushings; and the fittings aren't interchangeable.

patrick_1853

Tom,
Thats what I realized after looking a little harder. Berea bushings...6.00. CSUSA bushings 2.99, CSUSA adaptor sleeves, 2.99, hassle of dealing with bushings and adaptor sleeves... reason enough to order Berea bushings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom