Perfect Fit Finial problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

A few days ago I was putting together my second Perfect Fit pen and when I screwed on the finial, the OD was slightly larger than the OD of the blank. I thought, great, I screwed it up and made it undersize. I got out the bushing on checked the blank, it was exactly right. I then grabbed another bag of parts and took the finial out of it and it was perfect. The first one I did was also perfect. I contacted Ernie at Beartooth Woods, where I got the kits and he sent me another finial. This one is also too big. The difference in OD is about .008", just enough to be really noticeable. Has anyone else encountered this?

Fangar

Sounds like you might have purchased the "not so perfect fit" kit. [:D] Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have only made a few of them, and it was a non issue for me, so far.

Cheers,

Fangar

gerryr

Last night I actually measured the two different sizes with my calipers and the difference is much worse than I had said. The difference in size is almost .03". I wonder if Berea got some El Grande Streamline finials mixed up with the PF finials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom