Pens for Wedding Gifts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctedford

Hi all,

My wife decided that she wanted me to make a pen each for her brother and his new wife. They had a Steampunk themed wedding and she saw a blank someone else made that had watch gears imbedded in PR. I've contacted that person on another forum, but no luck so far. I have a couple questions regarding these pens and blanks.

1) I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be up for making me a couple custom blanks? I could provide the gears and pen barrels.

2) She wants the pen for her brother to be a fountain pen and the one for his wife to be a rollerball. But wants them to look very similar in size, shape, style, finish, etc. but hers to be lighter and more feminine. I showed her a bunch of different kits last night online, but no luck. Any suggestions?

I've looked into casting my own blanks, but don't feel comfortable trying that for the first time on such important pens.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Chris

thewishman

Chris, Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman and Venus are the closest to meeting the style and finish requirements. Gary, CaptG, makes the geared blanks in many styles. Other guys have been making and selling similar blanks, but only in Sierra styles, so far.

Good luck! Sounds like a very nice gift.:)

ctedford

Chris,

Thanks for the advice about the pen kits. I showed my wife the Venus and she thinks it's a little too big and bulky for a ladies pen, but the detail said it was lighter in weight.

Oh well, the search continues.

Chris

whegge

I have had similar conversations with my wife. I like them mainly because she can never make her mind up either. So what I do is order 1 of each that she is looking at. When I get them in I show them to her and she usually picks one. The others I get to keep.

Unfortunately, she has started to catch on to this little scheme and is narrowing her choices down more now :(

Top Bottom