A Penmakers Challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

This post is to gage if there is enough interest in taking your pen making to the next level . If there is then it seems that I have some extra time on my hands for a while , so it's time to play !!!
I've been in contact with our Grand High Exalted Activities Manager and just have to give him the final rules for the challenge , as soon as I have them all worked out . This is not a contest , there will be no prizes other then the knowledge gained from the experience and the bragging rights that you did it . This one is just for the fun of it .
The way it is going to work is , I will build a pen and post it and you folks will have 2 weeks to figure out how I did it and make one for yourself (not sure about the time frame but 2 weeks should be enough time for the first few builds) at the end of the 2 weeks I will post how I made the challenge pen .
I will start with just a simple modification to a basic pen (slimline or cigar will work and won't cost allot) then each successive pen will get more complex until the final pen which will be a Kitless design based on a slimline or cigar transmission (whichever you have an extra of) .
All of the pens and parts will be buildable using standard turning tools and a adjustable mandrel (a nonadjustable mandrel is NOT recommended for safety reasons) , a collet or 4 jaw chuck is recommended and is something that anyone who plans on ever going beyond being a kit penturner should have .

Safety will be the main requirement during this challenge . If you don't think you can safely complete a pen , then DON'T try . If something feels wrong to you then it is best that you either find a safer way or don't try it in the first place . NO injuries will be allowed during this challenge and if you somehow manage to hurt yourself you will not be allowed to continue the challenge . NO EXCEPTIONS !!!

If your interested in joining in the fun then post your name to the Penmakers Challenge thread in the Advanced Pen Making Forum .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom