...Pencil turning... HELP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well, we don't have a forum for pencils - sorry!

I got a commission for 20 Jr Majestic pens and 20 ... Pencils!:eek::eek::eek:

This is from a Business Executive Group in New York State (Rochester). They deal a lot with Banks, FDIC regulators, etc... and use... PENCILS!

So... I have made a few pencils from Berea Hardwoods, and Woodcraft, but nothing seems to be high quality. This order is fine with $60-$80 products :tongue:.

Anyone have a suggestion of good quality pencil kits to be a close match with PSI Jr Majestic (their request). I'm good with the pens, but pencils???

Thanks for any help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See what they think of the liberty for quality. IMO it makes the best pen and pencil set available.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the part about the majestic.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
See what they think of the liberty for quality. IMO it makes the best pen and pencil set available.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the part about the majestic.

Thanks, checked out the kits. This may be OK - nothing is a match, so let's get close!

I'll also suggest matching letter openers, and mismatched separate pen kits!

keithbyrd

How about the Flat Top American Twist pencil ( I think I got it at Bear Tooth Woods - 4161/P-CHR-1)? Doesn't really match the Majestic but it is a decent pencil

mlconnelly

I agree with the Pentel. I have been using one for the last 30 years and still love them. You can buy the mandrel and step drill to make the conversion easier.

Hi Mark nice score on the commission. I haven't made one of the Pentel conversions but seen some of the articles, I am just not sure how you are going to make the lead advance using a Jr Majestic kit. You might have to look at other kits, probably a ballpoint kit. You might be able to get a Majestic Squire with a Schmidt pencil insert to work. Even then you might have to lengthen or shorten a standard tube to get it to work.

Sorry I can be of more help.

Mike

Crashmph

You can replace the Parker refill of most any pen that takes it with the Schmidt DSM 2006 insert. Minor trimming of the insert will be required. You can get the inserts for the .5mm and .7mm at Exoticblanks. I recently talked to Ed about carrying the .9mm as well and they are supposed to be in route for delivery.

This means you can take the Triton ballpoint, Atrax ball point, or any other "fancy" ballpoint and make a pencil out of it. I have stopped buying any pencil kits and now only convert my Parker ball point pens to be pencils as required.

YMMV

Top Bottom