Pen Request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

Yesterday I was request by a customer to make a pen for her.
She wants with the Flag of Porto Rico. I have plenty of corian, I have a scroll saw. Any Ideas to incorporate the shape of the flag???..

I will either use a cigar pen or an exective pen. I am still playing with inlays getting there but not good enough to sell.

Thanks

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
This is the flag
puerto-rico-big-flag.jpg

I seriously doubt you are going to be able to do this with a scroll saw and corian...
I think you best bet is to have someone who casts acrylics do one for you along the lines that Ed did with the US flag in clear acrylic...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I would have to experiment with it but I think it could be done. It would take sub glue ups and recuts.I wouldn't attempt Doing the star in one piece though I am sure experienced scrollers(one of which I am not) could do it.
BTW it's Puerto Rico.

ashaw

Thanks Guys

At least I have a couple of months to play with-it. I was also commissioned to make a mantel clock (scrolled) for another customer.

Alan

Paul in OKC

If you can get the star figured out, you could alternate the red and white, and cut a 'V' notch in the top for the blue/star. That might be doable with a scroll saw. Too bad I don't have my ****** finished (sorry, top secret gizmo in the works[:D]) it could be done with it[:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom