Pen for a meat butcher ideas req

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Go to the pet store and get some big bones. Segment them into blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Andrew_K99

I'd agree with Pete, any kind of bone would work. A few people have made leather pens which may also interest them. I'd suggest red acrylic but I don't think that's the look you're going for.

AK

D.Oliver

I'd suggest red acrylic but I don't think that's the look you're going for.

AK

I was trying to picture that in my head and the first thing that came to mind was Lady Gaga in the meat dress. Definately not the look you're going for!

PS: With the Lady Gaga mention, I bet Seamus with chime in within the next three post!

Last edited:

PenPal

Sam,

Hi Peter here why not a black and white stripe like the old Apron the Butchers wear, close to the mark even just the top part of the pen would be eye catching as a conversation lead in.

Have success.

Kind regards to you both Peter and Wilma.

seamus7227

I'd suggest red acrylic but I don't think that's the look you're going for.

AK

I was trying to picture that in my head and the first thing that came to mind was Lady Gaga in the meat dress. Definately not the look you're going for!

PS: With the Lady Gaga mention, I bet Seamus with chime in within the next three post!

:rolleyes:Hmmmmm, she may need to be on the chopping block

76winger

I'm now starting to envision a strip of pink ivory on the side of a segmented maple blank. That would start to resemble a slab of beef waiting for the knife... :eek:

paintspill

deer antler makes for a great pen if you decide to go with the bone theme. but was just thinking maybe a "aluminum" stripe with wood side and some type of rivet to give the look of a knife handle. ooohhh like that idea. i might try something like that.

wiset1

I recently saw a blank from Brooks that was a red with white swirls. Kind of looked like a raw steak with fat strips. Maybe...maybe not

simomatra

Wow! Thank you all some great ideas.

I have just spoke with the customer and he was not all that keen on the bone or the chopping block idea. Will run the other new ideas past him next time I am down the street.

Many thanks for all the great ideas will keep you informed at how we get on

Top Bottom