OK I get it even more now!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigworm

I turned my 1st and 2nd pen tonight. The 1st one I messed up cuz they didnt give me directions on how the kit went. I ended up spliting the wood. No big deal I tried again and still messed it up but becuz I put the bushingings on wrong. The pen finish turned out good and the feel but just didn't fit perfect. I didn't get mad at all. it didn't cost much and I had a blast and learned allot doing it. I think the 3rd time will be a charm. I might even try tonight again. Who cares if I have to get up early. So I now really get what you guys love to do. Man this is fun.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

almer

Originally posted by bigworm
<br />I turned my 1st and 2nd pen tonight. The 1st one I messed up cuz they didnt give me directions on how the kit went. I ended up spliting the wood. No big deal I tried again and still messed it up but becuz I put the bushingings on wrong. The pen finish turned out good and the feel but just didn't fit perfect. I didn't get mad at all. it didn't cost much and I had a blast and learned allot doing it. I think the 3rd time will be a charm. I might even try tonight again. Who cares if I have to get up early. So I now really get what you guys love to do. Man this is fun.[:D]
Keep trying,you will get addicted soon,read tutorials on here,helps a lot

bigworm

Well I know what it was. I used the wronge bushings that cam with the kit I got. The guy at the store didn't know what he was talking about. No biggy now I can try again [:D]

Thumbs

Floyd, I think Jeremy is admitting that he's already addicted. LOL[:p] He may not know it yet, but he has no real idea of how much fun he's got ahead of himself.[;)][}:)][:D]

JimGo

Keep at it Floyd. My wife bought me a PSI "starter kit" with 5 slimline pen and 5 slimline pencil kits, and 20 half-blanks of Rosewood. I used those as my first forray into woodworking/wood turning, and managed to salvage a total of 5 pens out of all of that. Remember to keep your first successful pen - when you look back on it after 10-20 pens, you'll be amazed at how far you've progressed!

bob393

This is so true!

Originally posted by RussFairfield
<br />You are addicted when you stay up until you get it right, even if it takes all night.

Yep, there is no cure.. the addiction only gets worse.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Keep at it Floyd. My wife bought me a PSI "starter kit" with 5 slimline pen and 5 slimline pencil kits, and 20 half-blanks of Rosewood. I used those as my first forray into woodworking/wood turning, and managed to salvage a total of 5 pens out of all of that. Remember to keep your first successful pen - when you look back on it after 10-20 pens, you'll be amazed at how far you've progressed!

Yep, I started with the PSI kit too. Learned a lot and gave away all the pens/pencils to my fellow dev team. :)

stevers

Started with PSI's and gave away about half of the first dozen. I still have some of them around. You will be amazed at how quick the improvement comes. As well as the addiction.
Have fun, and welcome.

ilikewood

My wife tried to start a "Penturners Anonymous" group. For some reason nobody in this group wanted to join. The only interest came from non-turning spouses trying to get their totally addicted spouses to join.

AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN![:eek:)]

bigworm

Well I have turned about 6 pens in the last 2 night. I have been playing with finishes and messing with diff. shapes. It is a blast. The 1st think I turned was a small bowl. It turned out ok for the 1st one. The problem is I dont have a check so that was a hard to do. I even made the blank out of a old log had had in my wood to use on the smoker. Turned out to be slat Oak. Now I just have to try to get more kits. Guess I have to wait for payday [:(].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom