Odourless CA question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi all,
I must have about 10 half full 50g bottles of CA around my man cave. Problem is.....they are all pretty old and getting too thick to use on something I'm working on at the moment. I need a really thin CA now.

But I have a bottle of so called Odourless CA that I've had for yonks. It's still very thin. Does anyone know if this stuff goes off without thickening up first? It still is the orangey/tan colour as when I bought it.
I just need it to glue something, not as a finish.

Thanks in advance:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Test it on something and see before you actually use it on something important.

:redface::redface::redface: I really feel stoooopid now. I swear I never thought of trying it on something else first.

Bad news is it's dead ( still wet between 2 bits of paper after 5mins)
Good news is I don't have to try and clean it off the important parts.

Thanks Monty:biggrin:

PenMan1

Skip:
You just made me feel a lot better with your last post! You make you own tools from stuff you find in dumpster, constantly engineer and build these brilliant masterpieces from scrap materials and yet, you nearly forget to "reliability test" known old glue before use.

Maybe there is hope for me, yet! After that first time I accidentally glued myself to the lathe, I have been very, very careful with CA glue.

workinforwood

If I were you Steve, and I know this isn't your need right this second, but I wouldn't use CA as a finish. I'd get some Plexyglass, thread the inside of the plexi, thread the outside of the pen body and screw on the finish..it's odorless and durable and doesn't expire. :biggrin:

Papo

Maybe there is hope for me, yet! After that first time I accidentally glued myself to the lathe, I have been very, very careful with CA glue.

You guys are too much!!!!!

Monty I'll pm you my address and I'll test it for you..

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, with friends like you lot....who needs enemas:biggrin:

If I were you Steve, and I know this isn't your need right this second, but I wouldn't use CA as a finish. I'd get some Plexyglass, thread the inside of the plexi, thread the outside of the pen body and screw on the finish..it's odorless and durable and doesn't expire. :biggrin:

Errrr, thanks Jeff....I'll put that on my 'to do' list for sure!!!:rolleyes::tongue:

toddlajoie

If anyone could pull that off, I would bet it would be him!!

Top Bottom