Nouveau Sceptre Ballpoint Twist Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I really like the look of these pen's. So when my 1SG and CSM came asked for a nice pen for a General that is leaving from our Chain of Command I showed then this pen kit(I have 3 on hand) they loved it. So last night i turned the blank and started put the pen together. It was not retracting the refill. So i checked the spring and the transmission. The transmission is not working like it need to. so i check the other two kits i have and neither one works ether.

Now the rant this is not a good average for PSI on these kit. I have bought 5 kit and only 1 worked first time go. I really like the look of this pen, But it will be the last time i buy one again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalepenkala

Sorry to hear that Jeff! I use that kit because I like you like the looks of the pen when it's finished! I will be checking these transmission before I start the pen! Thanks for the heads up!

WriteON

I had the same problem. I reduced(filed) the diameter of the black plastic portion of the refill and it works fine. I think the inside diameter of the mechanism is slightly off making the refill bind. Let PSI know about this. They are human. They will make good. The pen is absolutely a beautiful piece. Don't give up on it.

Attachments

• Sceptre.jpg
    Sceptre.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
I had the same problem. I reduced(filed) the diameter of the black plastic portion of the refill and it works fine. I think the inside diameter of the mechanism is slightly off making the refill bind. Let PSI know about this. They are human. They will make good. The pen is absolutely a beautiful piece. Don't give up on it.

Thanks, that worked but now if he want to replace the refill it still won't work

WriteON

Thanks, that worked but now if he want to replace the refill it still won't work

Give him a trimmed spare refill for now. I'm calling PSI tomorrow to report the problem.
Let PSI know about this. Ask Tony (customer service tech) to send you replacements after he checks them out. Request replacement Twists and a refill or two.

Last edited:
I just turned a pair of Nouveau Sceptre FNT and RB in Black TN and gold with Granadillo wood. I like them so much that I decided I will not sell those but keep them for myself. However, the thread in the RB seems to have a defect, in that if you try to tighten the cap, it feels like it skips a step and never actually tightens well. Not so with the FNT though. They are so nice kits to have these defects, beside not being cheap at all.

JohnGreco

I had the same problem. Called them a month ago for a replacement (along with some other parts that had plating issues from other kits) and am still waiting. Need to follow up this week.

Top Bottom