Newbie from New Jersey.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PostalBob

Very new to this new found hobby, Can not wait to get my first pen completed on Thursday this week.
My question is, How does one go about finding Pen Turning clubs in my area, That being South Jersey.
Thanks for your help. PS Love this site have read so much and have learned a lot just be reading. Cant wait to add my learned comments some time soon
Thanks Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome to the group. You probably won't find just a penturning club (Well, I guess we are here on the IAP) but find a woodturning club and I'll bet some of the members turn pens. Otherwise, lots of info here...lots of talent here...lots of members here willing to share their knowledge. Looking forward to learning from you. Keep us posted on your progress.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PostalBob
<br />Very new to this new found hobby, Can not wait to get my first pen completed on Thursday this week.
My question is, How does one go about finding Pen Turning clubs in my area, That being South Jersey.
Thanks for your help. PS Love this site have read so much and have learned a lot just be reading. Cant wait to add my learned comments some time soon
Thanks Bob

Russb

Try the link below to find a chapter of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW)

http://www.woodturner.org/community/chapters/members.pl?submit=Chapter+List#NJ

With what these members can teach you, you will be doing pens and much more in a very short time.

Yarael

Kewl thanks for the link. Helped me get email for the turning group here in Lubbock. Got their newsletter last month but no email to contact them. Got the news letter due to my cousin working at the store that they got them printed at but now got their email thanks to you russb. Now to just find a day off when they meet. Stupid work got me there on Sat [:(] now.

jthompson1995

Welcome. Take a look at this post for Bubbasville East:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17863

It's not really a club, more of a periodic penturners get-together, but since you're in south Jersey it might be close enough for you to drive to and meet some other people and have some fun.

JimGo

Hey Bob! I'm originally from Blackwood. I live in the DC area now, but I get up that way pretty regularly. If you want to try to get together some time, I'm sure we can swing it! Also, the Bubbasville East events have been well reviewed, and you'll get to pick the brains of some VERY knowledgable pen turners.

GBusardo

Welcome Bob! Beachwood here. You anywhere nearby? This is one hobby you will probably get really hooked on. I am far from an expert, But if there is anyway I can help you out, give me a shout.
Good luck
Gary

clewless

Beachwood!

My folks still live in Pt. Pleasant.

Garry, you're only 2 1/2 hrs from Bubbasville East.[:)] I know 'cause I make the run to PP weekly.

GBusardo

Originally posted by clewless
<br />Beachwood!

My folks still live in Pt. Pleasant.

Garry, you're only 2 1/2 hrs from Bubbasville East.[:)] I know 'cause I make the run to PP weekly.

Joe, Believe me, I seen those meeting dates! I am hoping I can make a meeting. It's tough for me to get out for a day, but I am gonna try. I will let you know [:)]
Point Pleasant is just a stones throw from me, maybe 12 miles.
Thanks

crashgtr

Bob,

Welcome to the group. I am in NJ and I belongto the NJwoodturners club. NJwoodturners.com

The meetings are the 4th MOnday of the month. We have the next meeting on the 23rd. We have Beth Ireland coming.

It should be a great meeting. I plan on going.

Liz

smwoodcrafts

Welcome to the group. Where in South Jersey are you from? I am, originally, from Moorestown but now reside in Audubon. I haven't been able to find a group in South Jersey. The NJ Woodturners is a little too far for me. (They would say Central Jersey, but to most South Jersey people, that's North Jersey)[:)] It's bad enough I have to work up in that area.[8D] I, of course, am kidding around. I loved teasing my coworkers about that.

Anyway, welcome,

Dan

PostalBob

Thaks you all that have taken the time to make me feel welcome. Had my first class on Thursday and well not great but its a start now i need more practice and maybe more practice?/lol But love every minute of it. Again Thanks for the nice welcome,
Bob aka (Postalbob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom