Never mind...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Sometimes a bad item slips through. Tell me you have never bought something at the store that wasn't right, straight out of the box and had to be returned/replaced?? Instead of making a big deal of it, why not contact Ryan and let him know there is a problem. I'll bet he will take care of the problem for you.

As to sharpening, if you have one of the 500 or 750 Drill Doctors, you can grind off the brad point and resharpen it as a 135° split point. Failing that, you can regrind it as a standard 118° twist bit.

jwoodwright

Marc, Randy makes a good point, Ryan and his Crew at Woodturningz are the best and they will make it right. I've had nothing but the Best Service. They are only one of a few that don't charge extra for Alaska.

Brad Point Bits can be sharpened. I've had some luck. It's a lot of work and best left to the professional. This is why it's easier and less expensive to drill doctor them and replace as needed.

Marc Phillips

I didn't think I was making a "big deal" out of anything... just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, since this was the first time I have used a brad point on a pen blank... maybe they don't cut as well on end grain as jobber bits...

Just thought I'd ask...
confused-smiley-013.gif
... I normally wouldn't expect to have to resharpen a brand new drill bit.

Milpaul

I was surprised this weekend. I needed an odd size bit and couldn't find a brad point. I tried a standard point and it worked a lot better than my other drills. I think it's worth trying different point styles, brad points aren't always the best.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Marc,

You weren't making a big deal of things. Just put yourself in Ryan's place. If I bought something from you that was defective, wouldn't you prefer that I ask you about it before posting it for a thousand or so people to see?

Just a thought to consider,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom