Navigator vs. Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edavisj316

I am designing a pen for my music minister and have a question. I have found that because I hold the pen close to the point, my hand has a tendency to cramp when writing with a navigator pen. He has the same experience. Is the shaft on the jr. Gent any larger in diamiter than the Navigator, or is it just round insted of facited? We think that even the roundness might help the issue. But I have never made a any of the jr's.

The Cambridge type pen is very comfortable to write with, but he is not sure he wants a pen that large.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Another larger alternative is the Churchill. The fountain pen is a full size nib, and, since they have converted the holder from plastic to metal, it also is a great start for a "kitless" design or just a nice closed end.

edavisj316

Thanks for the replies. I am going to have to make a Jr. Gent just to see how it feels in the hand. I recently finished a Churchill and we both like it. Now he just needs to decide what he wants.

JerrySambrook

Actually, the Jr Gent II (available from exotics or csusa) is larger. Ifyou buy a jr gent from smitty or someone else, it is the same size as the navigator/baron.

Top Bottom