My addiction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Yep, I'm addicted to pen turning. There, I said it!

My first wood pen, I bought online and it was a Zen made from Gray Green Amboyna. I loved that pen until one day it came up missing. When I found that CSUSA sells the Zen I told myself that I could do that and thus began my venture into penturning. I took money from a bonus check and bought a Delta 46-460 with stand on clearance, a bunch of pen blanks, kits and a mandrel from a local distributor, bought some turning tools from the Harbor Freight that was down the road and off I went. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos (Capt Eddie, I wish you well) and I never looked back, well, except for now....

My props to Wooden Penworks for getting me started.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery. You will find that most of us started in a similar fashion. Just open your checkbook and have fun!

SteveG

Pay NO ATTENTION to what Mark said about RECOVERY. While that prospect may exist in other types of addiction, it has NO APPLICATION WHAT-SO-EVER in the field of pen turning. The rest of what he said does apply, re the "checkbook and have fun!". You might want to get ahead of the game by getting a few new credit cards, as that will also be needed. You will also experience things like getting way too many pen blanks, then selling some so you can buy even more. You are in a good place, so do enjoy!!

Brian G

That's where you recognize a minor flaw in your finish, sand it away, and re-cover it with a new finish. It's part of the process of penturning addiction where you're out of control and start doing things too fast.

Recovery.

Last edited:

MarkD

Pay NO ATTENTION to what Mark said about RECOVERY. While that prospect may exist in other types of addiction, it has NO APPLICATION WHAT-SO-EVER in the field of pen turning. The rest of what he said does apply, re the "checkbook and have fun!". You might want to get ahead of the game by getting a few new credit cards, as that will also be needed. You will also experience things like getting way too many pen blanks, then selling some so you can buy even more. You are in a good place, so do enjoy!!

Ok, so the part about "recovery" was just gibberish...too many CA fumes will do that to you. Oh, and you might want to make a nice pen for the mailman since he will be your new BFF.

Top Bottom