Mandrel question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

I know this has been asked before, I just can't find any hits on this. I am getting ready to switch over to my 1930's Delta lathe and need to buy a MT-2 mandrel. It has to be the adjustable collet style not the fixed length ones. I use Berea, CSUSA & PSI. What was the "ideal" shaft to span the 3 brands?

Thanks Guys, all that is left is to build a motor spring board & buy a belt and it will be up & running

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Bump, come awn guys.. Someone's gotta have a thought here. I also just saw underdog's post where it was mentioned that the collet mandrel (not collet chuck) was not well liked. This was new to me, is this is true I don't mind using a non-collet design. I am thinking CSUSA. I remember PSI being the smaller of the three, but was Berea a hair bigger than CSUSA?

tas2181

I use the PSI Maxi-Mandrel PKM-FLC adjustable mandrel(#2 morse taper)and haven't had any problems with it. Maybe I am 'one of the lucky ones'.
Runs true with no wobble without the tailstock in place. It can use the PSI, CSUSA and the 'A' mandrel from Berea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom