Just saying Hi!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy m

Just wanted to introduce myself as a fairly seasoned woodworker but a newbe to turning, which I became interested in from a PSI catalog. Web surfing got me to this site and the passion ya'all seem to have pushed it over the edge.
Got a Jet Mini on sale (tailstock messed up out of box, still trying to fix), several books/videos (E-Bay), read several of your posts, then bought another lathe (Jet 1442) which the wife still gives me funny looks over. Now a week later will try to turn a few pens after some newly acquired kits & accessories (more looks!!)
Anyway, again HI! Hope to be conversing regularly.
Andy
PS: Ken wished you were closer to Mandeville than Shreveport, could use the guidance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Hello, Andy, and welcome to IAP and this forum !!!

We are very glad you decided to join, and we look forward to your posts, comments, questions, and of course eventually pics of your pens. This is a very friendly and helpful grup, so don't be afraid to ask !!! That is how we all learn.

I look forward to your posts.

woodscavenger

Welcome to the addiction. Hopefully your "seasoned" side of you will sut you up to teach us all a few things. Experienced woodworkers always seem to have something to teach us.

Gary

Welcome to the forum Andy. It's a great bunch of folks here, and you will find it a great place to learn. We look forward to seeing pictures of some of your work.

tipusnr

Welcome Andy. Two lathes without producing anything...that's how I started as well! My wife STILL gives me funny looks but giving her a pen now and then seems to help!!!

jdavis

Welcome Andy. I teach woodshop in a High School and enjoy all woodworking. Turning is great and my students love both the mini and full size lathes. Hope to hear from you often. Again Welcome.[8D]

coach

Andy,
I have only had my lathe for a week and a half. My wife's looks have gone away, because I have sold 11 pens. I use that money to buy more supplies. I have learned so much from the turners on this site. This "hobby" has turned to an obsession in less than 2 weeks time. Without the help of all on this site, I would still be struggling!

PenWorks

Hi Andy, Welcome to IAP. A good place to look for wood, kits and supplies is Ariona Silhoette, they are on the home page, Bill is a pleasure to deal with and has excellant products. Look forward to seeing your work.

Anthony

KKingery

Andy - Welcome to the group! Your wifes' funny stares will last a long, long time. You shoulda seen the look on my wifes' face last night when I bought a dust collector. - She said "pens create enough dust to fill that thing?" It's nice to see another turner from down here. The only other one I know of is Bobby, down near N.O. - At least with 2 lathes, you can use one for a buffing station, or just go ahead and set yourself up a production line! Feel free to e-mail me anytime if you have questions - Lord knows I'm no expert, but I'll try to help. Course, just visitin here, you'll learn more than you ever thought possible. Welcome!

Fleabit

Hey Andy! Welcome to IAP. I was in your shoes a few months ago. You will find this site to be very helpful and supportive. No flaming or abusivness. I have learned more about not only penturning, but tricks to for my normal woodworking. Amazing the amount of information that is here and how fast responses flow in once you post a question. Again, welcome and can't wait to see some of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom