If you use these bushings....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

For finishing, then you need this stuff to prevent sticking.
Tri-Flow has Teflon in it. Make sure to spray the bushings before you use them. A couple of light coats are better than one thick one.

Allow the bushings to dry well between spraying them with the Tri-Flow.
Try not to use accelerator on them as it degrades the Teflon coating.

Re-spray the bushings before & after every use, and the CA glue will not stick to them.
I hope this tip helps someone out there. :)

Attachments

• GFBUSHING.jpg
    GFBUSHING.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Tri-Flow.jpg
    Tri-Flow.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

For finishing, then you need this stuff to prevent sticking.
Tri-Flow has Teflon in it. Make sure to spray the bushings before you use them. A couple of light coats are better than one thick one.

Allow the bushings to dry well between spraying them with the Tri-Flow.
Try not to use accelerator on them as it degrades the Teflon coating.

Re-spray the bushings before & after every use, and the CA glue will not stick to them.
I hope this tip helps someone out there. :)

I love TriFlow. The best stuff ever. I wonder of Pam will work as a separating medium.

jttheclockman

Many times I will use my live and dead centers when finishing. The key is not to tighten so much. If it spins when working on snug it a bit more. I also made my own delrin bushing and made the cone longer and sharper so there is more room on the ends. A couple dips in some acetone and all residue is gone. Those bushings look to bulky. I would never buy them. When I do my CA finishing I like to make a pass with the towel in a clean sweep motion. I would run into those and abruptly stop my motion causing the CA to pool at the ends. Not for me.

One other thing when spraying any silicone or wax products you are potentially adding a problem to finishing materials. Any finish does not like wax or silicone before dried and cured. Getting that stuff on wood or even acylics can lead to problems down the road such as adhesion so be warned.

Top Bottom