I need some ideas.. Golf related

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

capcrnch

I'm stuck in an "artists block"..

I have a Philippine Persimmon pen for my father in law on a Vail rollerball kit.
I also have a wood club head

I'd like to figure out a way to put them together on some sort of base.

I just can't think of how to pull this off..

Anyone have any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Take the golf club head, bore the hole where the shaft goes to hold the pen, and bolt 'er down to a wood plate large enough to stablilize it. Use the outer edge of the plate for decorations, texture, or a plaque or something.....

papaturner

Rick this is what I did. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 103

jttheclockman

Not being a golfer and not reallly wanting to hijack this thread but thought it might be appropriate here. I have seen thos clof clubs used before. being I am not a golfer I do not even know what they are called. But what are they called and is there a place you can get these cheap with out the shaft like that??? I have a couple ideas I would like to use them on. Thanks and sorry for the intrusion on the post.

JerrySambrook

Ed, has some for sale unfinished.

I get my heads from used clubs found in varoius flea markets, second hand stores, ets.
New drivers with wood heads are very hard to come y economically around here.

I have had a few people bring me some, to make out of that set because of sentimental value, etc.

capcrnch

Take the golf club head, bore the hole where the shaft goes to hold the pen, and bolt 'er down to a wood plate large enough to stablilize it. Use the outer edge of the plate for decorations, texture, or a plaque or something.....

The "decorations/texture" is where i'm hitting a block.

The other negative to that equation is that the pen is a Vail rollerball. The hole in the shaft might be a bit awkward.

Rick this is what I did. Hope it helps.

That was my original idea, until I started having a problem finding a funnel or a stand.

Not being a golfer and not reallly wanting to hijack this thread but thought it might be appropriate here. I have seen thos clof clubs used before. being I am not a golfer I do not even know what they are called. But what are they called and is there a place you can get these cheap with out the shaft like that??? I have a couple ideas I would like to use them on. Thanks and sorry for the intrusion on the post.
I got mine from Ed. I think he's selling them for 5 or 10 bucks?

I guess my biggest hurdles at this point is the pen.
I can make a small base for the head, glue a ball onto the end of the shaft, but then how do I display the pen on the base?

Drstrangefart

I was suggesting using the hole where the shaft goes into the club head AS the funnel. Center it in a modest round stand, turned on the lathe. Use small gouges to texture the surface, then decide whather or not you want a plaque after you stain it.

Top Bottom