i was asked to make necklace / lanyard pens for Boy Scouts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

a staff member for the Boy Scouts has asked if I could make him pens that are attached to a necklace or lanyard. I looked at the PSI version where the bottom half of the pen on the screws from the necklace but at $12 is higher than he's willing to pay. And this morning it said they were currently out of stock.

He said a lot of the Boy Scout staff in the summer need to have a pen on them at all times and this might be a good thing for them.

what is the cheapest option available? but also fast shipping, if I can find ones I like, he needs them done by the 20th of this month.

Thanks for your help.

Ive done some searches but most of them go back to 2010 and 2011 for a necklace pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

How about this? You can attach a regular pen to it thru the hole.

Attachments

• lanyard.jpg
    lanyard.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 311
  • ego-necklace-lanyard-for-ego-t-ego-w-ego.jpg
    ego-necklace-lanyard-for-ego-t-ego-w-ego.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 388

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
How about using the little mini "bullet" pens with a keychain or ornament insert in place of the normal cap so either a keychain ring or a lanyard could be used.

I've made a few of these & they are surprisingly comfortable to write with. I generally make my own centerbands or omit the centerband and make them slightly slimmer than the instructions call for.

Mini Bullet Chrome Twist Pen Kit at Penn State Industries

jfiveash

Would the Clip-on (PKCLPEN) pen from PSI do the job. I've made several for people who want something they can clip to a belt loop. The price is right for mass production.

79spitfire

Several of the vendors have lanyard type caps for the 7mm pen kits. It should be pretty easy to make a twist type pen.

chartle

Would the Clip-on (PKCLPEN) pen from PSI do the job. I've made several for people who want something they can clip to a belt loop. The price is right for mass production.

Can't imagine any thing better or cheaper.

Top Bottom