---

Attachments

• vvv.jpg
    vvv.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MobilMan

I agree with Lance. But a small amount of CA inside the lower portion instead on the outside of coupling, that way it will push extra down instead of out on the coupling making a mess. Should only take a small drop.

VisExp

Rick, what you have now is a perfect opportunity for a modified Sierra :biggrin:
I took that piece apart when I made this pen:

1_ACT_6656-small.jpg

1_ACT_6655-small.jpg

When I took it apart it needed a lot of persuasion!!! I wish it had come apart easier.

The piece that I turned to replace the black metal lower barrel almost made it off the lathe as well. It was so close to being finished before it blew up :frown:

Maybe you can come up with some other modification :wink:

Rudy Vey

I had several Barons coming back and the clip is loose due to a loose finial cap. When I checked my pen parts, pretty much every cap is loose in the upper tubes, i.e. I can put it in and pull it out with my fingers!! No idea why this is, but it was not with the first Barons, so maybe the brass tube was changed. As for glue, I tried CA, Epoxy and Red Loctite. The only one that gives good results is the red Loctite. Just be careful to apply not too much and remove the surplus with a Q-tip.

Ligget

Every push fit part I put on any pen is glued in (even if it will be a good tight fit), I roughen the area which will be hidden in the tube with a little flat file then use a little amount of two-part epoxy applied with a cocktail stick.

Thank God I started doing this early on in my penturning `career`, saved a lot of returns.

Top Bottom