Hardwoods vs. Softwoods Chart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to backtrack to a website grouping all the hardwoods together and all the softwoods together, I came across this informative bit of information. It won't be as helpfull as the real woodworking page. Submitted for informational purposes only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H_RJobzkPY

Sure am glad there wasn't utube when I was a teenager!

~~~~~~~~
Since beetlejuice is out of the question.
Tambootie, Tambootie, Tambootie!:hypnotized:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'll get right on it. Cav, I'd really appreciate it, if you made no further comments directed to me. Thank you kindly. I won't respond in either case. If I ask a question and you should know the answer. Hey I'll live without it.

Keith,

That's exactly my point the link while comical is stupid. I was searching for info about which woods are considered hard and which ones are considered soft. Being new it's a valid question.

I am just playing around with the avatar "It's all over the net" I didn't invent it, I just modified it to fit. It's not a political statement nor is it insulting, and this is my first greeting from the man? I don't see where I am lashing out, nor will I be pushed around with comments like that either.

I had planned to change it often, since it's come into question I might leave it up a day or two longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You Like Apples?
How you like them apples?

OKLAHOMAN

As a lifelong Democrat I'm insulted by your avatar, this is no place for political statements no matter how they may be hidden,your lashing out at Cav is way out of line.

rlofton

As a lifelong Republican, I appreciate your comment Roy. I find Mike's (no last name or city) avatar insulting and offensive. But, you know, New Jersey has such fine, upstanding politicians that I can understand his point of view (sarcasm intended).

Being from the south, I take offense to your remarks alluded to my fellow menbers from the State of New Jersey. It is with respect to THEM that I take down my avatar.

Curtis, I know you will see this thread, I am requesting that you remove my account Immediately. There are way to many ego's and radical's here.

I will match my DD214 against any and all present.

Thanks to those who have helped answer pen making questions and the few (I say FEW) that I have had the priviledge to speak with.

~~~~~~~~
Audios

USAFVET98

Not getting involved, But....

Ok guys, as a lifelong republican I can see where you guys are comming from. However, I have talked with Mike before, and he is a stand up guy. As for the avatar, I dont like it any more than you guys, but to be honest, I am one of those republicans who stand behind the constitution.
While offensive to some (myself included), it is his constitutional right to post what he want.

Now, Politics aside, since this is offensive to many of us on here, I am sure he will remove it. I dont think he meant any harm.

As for the site, and members on it, I have gotten to know a lot of you guys, and to me, this site acts as a brotherhood for us pen turners. I am very happy and honored to be a part of it. That being said, I would hope that all members would forgive and forget this mishap.

Sorry for my two cents, I just had to put it in.

Brian

rlofton

I agree, Brian. I have spoken to and met many fine folks in the IAP.

I had no intention of insulting or offending anyone in this organization, whether they live in New Jersey or not. My reply was not a personal attack on Mike but a comment on his judgement in placing the offensive? avatar on this site. I would be as offended by an avatar morphing from a known imbecile to the president-elect as I am by the A. E. Newman to George W. Bush, no matter where it originated.

And---at no point did I question Mike's patriotism or valor. Not sure where the DD214 comment came from. My thanks goes to all veterans and current military personnel. Their commitment and sacrifices are to be commended and held in high esteem.

Grizz

Banned
Ok guys, as a lifelong republican I can see where you guys are comming from. However, I have talked with Mike before, and he is a stand up guy. As for the avatar, I dont like it any more than you guys, but to be honest, I am one of those republicans who stand behind the constitution.
While offensive to some (myself included), it is his constitutional right to post what he want.

Now, Politics aside, since this is offensive to many of us on here, I am sure he will remove it. I dont think he meant any harm.

As for the site, and members on it, I have gotten to know a lot of you guys, and to me, this site acts as a brotherhood for us pen turners. I am very happy and honored to be a part of it. That being said, I would hope that all members would forgive and forget this mishap.

Sorry for my two cents, I just had to put it in.

Brian

Ah... I don't know what we are talking about.... I missed the Avatar.

USAFVET98

It was Alfred E. Newman from mad magazine morphine into President George Bush. You know whats funny, when I was in boot camp, I remember a SSGT calling me that. I never understood it, but it was funny anyway..

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! This was exciting.

Frank, a member for less than a month, got off to a bad start ... so lets start again.

Hey Frank ... welcome to IAP. I hope you enjoy turning pens and continue to learn from and participate in our conversations.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You guys need to leave the moderating to me. If you have a problem with someone, someones avatar, or something someone posts, click on the little yellow triangle under the person's name. This will allow you to report the post to me. I will get the message and will take action. THIS CRAP OF PILING ON HAS TO STOP AND HAS TO STOP NOW!!!!! Folks are going to start getting banned if this stuff does not stop. Think before you post.

Curtis O. Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom