Had my first embarrassing moment!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Atleast this didn't happen at a show full of potential customers. Well, usually after I finish on a pen I'll take it for a test drive to make sure it handles daily use/wear. So I took a freshly made executive to work today to test out and show off (very happy with how it came out). During part of the day we had a small group meeting and at the end of the meeting we all had to sign a peice of paper saying we attended. So of course I take out my new pen for everyone to sign with and wouldn't you know it...as the lady activated the refill the darn nib flew off!:eek::eek::eek: The nib component somehow came loose (which it shouldn't by any means!) and the actual nib came out of the enamel trim ring (the nib is pressed into this part). So the nib with spring still inside went flying across the room and smashed into the wall atleast 12ft away:redface:. Now that wasn't the first time the pen had been used, but everytime I used it it was just fine. I hadn't been rough with it or anything. The only good thing about it all is that most everyone new I tested all my pens before saying they're fit to sell so they were somewhat reluctant to chastize me for looking like a fool. Anyhow, wanted to share this with yall. Time to go find some loctite!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I can relate somewhat. My everyday pen or at least one of them is a Computer pen which I have made sales with just by letting people use. But just 2 days ago I went to use the thing and the black plastic section on the nib side came off. Now these are Vista kits, Titanium gold but just came off. I CA glued it back on and it is my pen but it makes you wonder how many are out there that this could happen. Of the ones I sold I have had no call backs but just makes you think why we can't get good reliable products especially when paying a good buck. I know about mass producing and all that but this gets embarrassing and can damage the reputation. I do stand behind all my products but just one of those things.

I had the nib tip, the black enameled part, on a chrome Sierra come off a customer's pen. I was amazed to see that the only thing holding it on was glue. I swapped him out a new nib section from another kit. Was the Executive one of the PSI Executive kits? I like this style and have several of them

workinforwood

When I was in about grade 2-3 or so, I had an attack of Diarrhea while at school in class. I tried to soak it up with paper by sitting on my homework. I just sat there, mortified, as time ticked by like an eternity. The bell rang and I just wanted everyone to leave and me be the last one to sneak out. It never worked out...although none of the classmates seemed to catch on, the teacher wanted to know why I was still sitting there in my seat. I wish my pen had come apart!

jttheclockman

When I was in about grade 2-3 or so, I had an attack of Diarrhea while at school in class. I tried to soak it up with paper by sitting on my homework. I just sat there, mortified, as time ticked by like an eternity. The bell rang and I just wanted everyone to leave and me be the last one to sneak out. It never worked out...although none of the classmates seemed to catch on, the teacher wanted to know why I was still sitting there in my seat. I wish my pen had come apart!

There is alot in that story but I think it will take a more qualified person than I to figure it out. You have issues my friend:doctor:

dhallnc

That's a bad day:frown:

Jgrden

There are about ten bullet pens on consignment and the owner's receptionist either bought one or borrowed one off the inventory. She is more important to please than the owner, who is never there. She called and said one of the bullet pens would not write. Normally this is because the point is covered with wax and I asked her to remove it, to no avail. They are close by so I tripped on over to see it. Sure enough, no ink flowed from the kit pen. I put a new Cross in and left with the filler. I could not shake the ink down or make it flow. I cut the tube to see if there were any ink in it and there was, just not at the point. Weird. At least she knows I stand behind my pens. Her associate and counter person had three pens, custom made for him and is pleased. But, it was embarrassing.
The other embarrassing moment was when I went to work in my underwear. Once I realized that there were only shorts on my body, I tried to run down the hallway and duck into a room to find clothes. Then I woke up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom