Gun Metal or Black Ti Patriot/Polaris/Atlas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

Does anyone sell a gunmetal version of the Polaris style pen? I really like the look and feel of them, but prefer the gunmetal/black ti finish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

Ah, the black ti polaris doesn't show up if you use Penn State's seach by drill size, but it does if you navigate to Polaris kits.

Thanks.

Is the Cabara from Bear Tooth the same thing? It looks similar, but I have been bitten by things that looked similar more than once before.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Short Answer

Ah, the black ti polaris doesn't show up if you use Penn State's seach by drill size, but it does if you navigate to Polaris kits.

Thanks.

Is the Cabara from Bear Tooth the same thing? It looks similar, but I have been bitten by things that looked similar more than once before.
The short answer is yes - but never-the-less measure before you try interchanging parts. Call and ask them tube diameter and tube length and turning diameter of the bushings - if they are the same the kits will be the same.

Last edited:

Fibonacci

I didn't realize Timberbits was on ebay. I am interested in several things from him, but the flat rate $12 AUD shipping was a bit daunting for me, since the shipping is almost as much as the products.

Thanks for the link!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Timberbits

I didn't realize Timberbits was on ebay. I am interested in several things from him, but the flat rate $12 AUD shipping was a bit daunting for me, since the shipping is almost as much as the products.

Thanks for the link!

I thought he was on our vendor list but I guess not -- at least I didn't see him there.

alinc100

Thanks for the link!

Last time I looked Penn State was at $7.95 for S&H.The offset in higher shipping cost is still a bargain when the kits cost so much less.

Fibonacci

The lower price offsets the shipping if you order a lot. I generally buy 2-3 kits at a time, so it is not offset as much. The exchange rate hurts that as well, given that $12 AUD is closer to $14 USD.

I plan of getting some from him to try, I just need to work through what I have first. I am nearly awash in kits right now, and they are all for urgent projects.

ghostrider

I've used the black Ti Atlas from Woodcraft, and have a black Ti Polaris on order from Wood -n-Whimsies. PSI's website lists a gun metal Polaris, but no black Ti, so maybe they are switching plantings or something. I even had Tim from W-n-W check, and he verified that the label said Black ti.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Latest

I've used the black Ti Atlas from Woodcraft, and have a black Ti Polaris on order from Wood -n-Whimsies. PSI's website lists a gun metal Polaris, but no black Ti, so maybe they are switching plantings or something. I even had Tim from W-n-W check, and he verified that the label said Black ti.

Polaris is listed in Black Titanium Nitride in the PSI catalog that I just received today.

Top Bottom