Got my 1st pen order!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Well, I got my 1st pen order (sell) today... actually two different orders... :D

The both (ladies) want one of these but with a different finish (both acrylic though)

MS1002BGOGLD.jpg

I will post pics of them here before delivery...

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Way to go, Dave! You do beautiful work, and people can see that! Keep it up, and the dream starts to become reality! :)

That's an outstanding picture, by the way. Nice work on the background, finding that line between too busy and complimentary is tough sometimes! IMO, you nailed it! Nice work. Nothing better than seeing new folks come in and start whooping tail!

Did you actually drag all your shavings and chunks into your photo booth for that picture? Nice job keeping the lint cleaned off the rubber grip, too. Great shot! :D

DSallee

Thanks for the comments....

What kit is that? It's gorgeous!

The kit is the Combo-Pen2 from PSI.. (pen / pencil combo).. The shaft is supposed to be straight but the wife likes a little meat on her pens so I modified it to her taste. This is actually my very first acrylic turn so thank for the comments... very much appreciated...

....Nice work on the background, finding that line between too busy and complimentary is tough sometimes! IMO, you nailed it! Nice work. Nothing better than seeing new folks come in and start whooping tail!

Did you actually drag all your shavings and chunks into your photo booth for that picture? Nice job keeping the lint cleaned off the rubber grip, too. Great shot!...

Actually, this was not shot in my light tent. The shavings you see is from the lathe as they fell and the pen and blank trim was just placed in with the shavings for the shot... yea, it was fun keeping the grip clean with all those shavings... LOL

Thanks for the photo comment!

Dave

fafow

Looks great Dave! Looks like you have been doing this for a while. The pen looks great and the photo does as well. I remember my first sale like it was almost yesterday. Wait, it was. It was only about 3 months back. Pretty exciting. Enjoy the feeling and look forward to a LOT more of that!

DSallee

Cindy.... what kind of camera do you have?? and to post pics on this forum, you will need to have them uploaded to a free photo hosting site and then link them here...

I have my own website so I just link mine from there...

Joe.. yea, I really liked this blank... when I ordered it from PSI (Blue Green Ocean) I didn't know this would turn out this way (looking like the earth!) I have had a lot of comments on the pen everywhere I go... Really a cool blank!!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Dave

DustyDenim

Great looking pen Dave, keep up the good work. That first pen order sure can give you a great feeling and inspiration. Keep on turning out that good a work and you may want to quit your day job.

DSallee

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Freddie... looking forward to being there :D

What date is it and where? So I can put it on the calendar... Told the wife about the invite and she is ALL FOR IT!!

Dave

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by DSallee

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Freddie... looking forward to being there :D

What date is it and where? So I can put it on the calendar... Told the wife about the invite and she is ALL FOR IT!!

Dave

Dave, the date is August 16 and it will be held at a large pavilion at Lake Springfield. We will send maps and instructions to everyone a little later. It's gonna be fun!

Top Bottom