glue type

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

neon007

I am trying my first all pr segmented pen. I was so inspired by a pen i saw on here. I whipped up some castings and keeping with the coming holiday I made red, white, and blue. So my question is what type of glue is everyone using. I use CA for my tubes but dont think that would do for segmenting. Thanks in advance.

gokartergo

There is a artical here on Swirling Segments..
http://content.penturners.org/articles/2006/SwirlingSegments.pdf
I haven't read the whole thing in a while but if I remember right he uses CA. I just use old fashion elmers wood glue with no problem at all..

Have fun.. Dan

Texatdurango

I used CA on some recent segment pens. Remember that not only is the wood glued to wood but likely to the brass as well so if you use CA on the brass, it should work fine on the segments. None have broken bonds yet, during turning or assemblying... or dropping on the floor![;)]

George

ahoiberg

i agree with george. i used wood glue on the first segmented pen i did and it worked fine, i just had to wait forever to turn it (relatively speaking). i'd recommend using medium CA, you can glue a segment and then move on to recutting it or gluing more segments to it in a matter of minutes. i've had no problems yet with quite a few segmented pens. and all you really need is finger pressure, no clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom