Funny Reaction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Today was bosses day, so I collected $5 bucks from everyone in my department (5 people) and we gave my boss a Wall Street II/Elegant Sierra with a curly maple blank. She jumped up and down and screamed and danced because she has been planning on buying one of my pens for a while. I just laughed until I had tears in my eyes it was so adorable.

I sat here thinking for a minute amazed that something so simple can get such a reaction. Yes I sold the pen fairly cheap compared to what I normally get for this type of pen, but in reality I didn't have that much invested in the pen. Overall it was a wonderful example of why I spend the 1000s of dollars I do on this hobby. Plus it paid for some stuff to turn between centers instead of on a mandrel, so I'm doubley happy. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I gave my boss a black/gold sierra with a pink and black resin blank. Same kind of response. She even teared up. lol!

I love that kind of thing.

PapaTim

Your fellow workers got a great deal for their money. You got a lot more. The boss will appreciate that they paid for the pen but she'll always know who put a little of themselves into it. Priceless.

Top Bottom