Fountain Pen Info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nightowl

I am thinking about trying my first fountain pen and wanted to know some tips for success before I started. I have seen so much about having to adjust the nib, ink resevoirs, etc. Is it really difficult?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

David, for the most part they are just like any other pen. Building the pen is exactly the same as a roller-ball.

You should not need to adjust the nib, as it should work pretty well off the bat. The converter attaches the same way as a refill cartridge refill, the only difference is you have to fill the converter from a bottle. (IMHO the way the pen should be set up for sale, with the option for the refills.) Most "real" fountain pen users will use bottled ink, it is just cost effective to do so.

Give it a try, you may get hooked~ :biggrin:

mick

I can.....and will second Cav's suggestion, read Lou's articles. He made it so even I could understand!
I will say this, I've only run across one FP that had "flow" issues....even with the standard nibs(and I think it was the kind of ink the customer was using) and after replacing with Lou's nibs and convincing her to use better ink....nary a problem!

Top Bottom