European Cap Threads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anyone know the thread size of the cap stud for european style pens (the part that goes into the insert)?
Or, does anyone know a reliable source for the inserts in bulk?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I tried them.
They don't sell the inserts into which the studs screw. I'd have to buy a whole kit to get one of the inserts.
Since I have the studes, clips, transmisions,refills and tubs already and I'm using a bullet for the nib the only thing I need is the threaded insert.
If I knew the stud size and pitch, I could find a supplyer of an insert that I could make work.
I don't have any sizing guages for metric threads. I hoped someone here had already done the homework.:)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If you call and ask CSUSA, they sometimes have extras they will sell you. I've been able to purchase some from them in the past. I believe an 8-32 tap is very close to the thread size. I've used it before with no problems. I'll check tonight when I get home on the actual tap that I have used.

pipeyeti

Try PSI I ordered the same piece but in an 8mm size. its not in thier cataloge but the put me in contact with the guy who runs thier warehouse andhe hooked me up with 40 of them. He also said that he had 7mm nuts also

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Monty

... I believe an 8-32 tap is very close to the thread size. I've used it before with no problems. I'll check tonight when I get home on the actual tap that I have used.

I stand corrected. Coulda sworn that was the one I used. Tried it but it was way too tight to screw in the cap.

kent4Him

Originally posted by rincewind03060

I tried them.
They don't sell the inserts into which the studs screw. I'd have to buy a whole kit to get one of the inserts.
Since I have the studes, clips, transmisions,refills and tubs already and I'm using a bullet for the nib the only thing I need is the threaded insert.
If I knew the stud size and pitch, I could find a supplyer of an insert that I could make work.
I don't have any sizing guages for metric threads. I hoped someone here had already done the homework.:)

CSUSA does sell them, but you have to talk to them.

I got the following email Wednesday

Bob,
Thanks for your email, we do not sell those separately. WE do get some
in
time to time from pens that we have had to replace items. However there
are
not any now. If you want to check back periodically we might have some.
Sorry I didn't have any at this time. Have a great day.

Lynda Glade
Customer Service Manager
Craft Supplies USA
1-800-551-8876

So it's catch-as-catch-can. Not what I'd call a reliable source.

Top Bottom