Eraser suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

So I'm a little frustrated and embarassed.... My 8 year old daughter uses the bic click pencils with erasers in her classroom and she wants one of her daddy's "fancy pen style" pencils. So, of course I think awesome idea .. I'll make one for each kid in the class and of course a nice multiple ink pen for the teacher. Ok, so the idea I have but wth? No click pencil kit with erasers???? I was kinda shocked when I started looking at the pencil kits. Im sure this has to do with me always focusing on pens only but I need help because right now im thinking painting those bics may be as fancy as it gets :redface:

Anyone know where to find pencil kit with eraser finial clicker? Or Custom options?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wingdoctor

The slimline pencils I have done have the eraser under the clicker shell. Pull the plated clicker off to expose the eraser.

thewishman

In grade school, the eraser gets used a lot. The tiny erasers in kit pencils won't last very long. Back in the old days, we always had to buy a big pink eraser in school supplies - do kids still buy them?

bigevilgrape

In grade school, the eraser gets used a lot. The tiny erasers in kit pencils won't last very long. Back in the old days, we always had to buy a big pink eraser in school supplies - do kids still buy them?

I don't know about kids, but math students always have a nice white Staedlter eraser.

airborne_r6

So ... If I understand right the eraser is there just under the push button? I'm speaking of he CSUSA artisan slim

Yep, but as previously said, its pretty small and I doubt it would work well for an elementary student.

1_Slimline_click_pencil.JPG

OOPS

Erasers ARE still made both in pink and white varieties. I would agree that the tiny erasers that come with pencil kits are insufficient for use by students. Fortunately the big erasers are inexpensive and last much longer, although students do have a tendency to lose things.....

el_d

I remember having those pink erasers.

We still buy them for my kids, but I used one the other day and it just smeared the graphite. I couldn't get the dang thing to erase as well as they did when I was using them in school.

bigevilgrape

The quality of the eraser makes a big difference too, thats why I have a brand I always get. They also dry out if they sit around for too long. My grandma didn't have a useable eraser in her whole house. Does anyone make a kit for those pen style erasers? Maybe those kitless guys can come up with something :)

sbell111

Does anyone make a kit for those pen style erasers? Maybe those kitless guys can come up with something :)

This Etsy item reminded me that the old style sketch pencil holders also accepted 1/4" erasers. I might pop over to the local office supply store to pick up an eraser refill and try it out in a toolbox pencil kit. If it works, there's a solution for less than five bucks plus the cost of the eraser.

Last edited:

bigevilgrape

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm in the process of studying for an actuarial exam. Many mistakes to be erased there.

Andrew_K99

The erasers in the Bic cilck pencils they use are only slightly bigger than the ones on the slimline pencil kits, they are still quite useless and run out fast. I'd make them slimlines and if erasing is an issue I'd supply them with a nice eraser with the pencil.

AK

walshjp17

You could also buy some inexpensive Pentels, strip the outer shells and replace them with handmade wood or acrylic shells. Don Ward (Its_virgil) has a 'how-to' in the library.

Jim Smith

If I were making pencils for a class of 8 year olds, I would use the Buffalo pencil holder kit from Penn State Industries. Buffalo "Bullet Pencil" Kit at Penn State Industries They are easy to make, cheap, look great with acrylics and come with a nice BIG eraser. You can buy extra five packs of the erasers for $1.45 so you could make each child their own pencil holder with five extra erasers for less than a traditional click pencil kit. I've made a lot of these for grandkids etc., and they are always a big hit. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

dansills

If I were making pencils for a class of 8 year olds, I would use the Buffalo pencil holder kit from Penn State Industries. Buffalo "Bullet Pencil" Kit at Penn State Industries They are easy to make, cheap, look great with acrylics and come with a nice BIG eraser. You can buy extra five packs of the erasers for $1.45 so you could make each child their own pencil holder with five extra erasers for less than a traditional click pencil kit. I've made a lot of these for grandkids etc., and they are always a big hit. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

I really like this idea - cant believe I never came across this kit before now. Any other reviews?

You could also buy some inexpensive Pentels, strip the outer shells and replace them with handmade wood or acrylic shells. Don Ward (Its_virgil) has a 'how-to' in the library.

Interesting as well ... I can't seem to find it though in the library. Have the link?

Andrew_K99

Top Bottom