enamel on pens ?/ help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

theoj

Hi everyone,

i am interested in enameling directly onto a tube (if possible). there are a lot of enameled pens out there. i would like to know how people who enamel accomplish this. enameling typically occurs on fine silver or copper metal. i am open to suggestions. i do have the ability to solder if need be. is there a tutorial out there somewhere?

thanks for your help in advance

dora

Jamie

If you are talking about baked on enamel, it's a process that requires the proper type of enamel and a kiln. Do a search for "making enameled jewelry" and see what you come up with.
Good luck!

theoj

Hi there again,

thanks for the pm to another site for potential information on topic. i havent been given access yet to check it out.

as far as enameling goes, I do have enamels and I do own a paragon kiln. Its not the process of how to enamel that I am looking for but the material specific to pen making. do people fabricate/metal cast their own metal needs. is there a caster who already has pen blanks that are specific to the pen hardware needs etc

thanks dora

dfurlano

You can do any of the above. Mostly you see accent enamel on sterling silver, copper is too soft and gold too expensive. Some pen makers do enamel titanium but I heard it is not easy and titanium is hard to machine. There are casters that will work with your wax also there is a lost wax class that is going to be held in Maryland in the near future. I believe that Jimgo is signed up. They will let you cast what ever is you want to make.

I machine Sterling and use enamel but only on the clips, center bands and accent pieces.

I approved your registration, sorry it took so long.

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom