Don't Take that Long Clicker Back Apart!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

As soon as I assembled the pen, I had a problem with a Long Clicker: the click was not acting smoothly, to the extent that the refill sometimes would not extend/retract. My first thought...Oh Boy, this pen is difficult to get apart without damaging something. But I tried a different refill, and the problem was gone! This model relies on the ratcheting action of the little plastic part on the refill to function, unlike most kits which simply push on the back of the refill. It is probably common sense to try a different refill before drastic measures, but worth a mention.

BSea

Many times the problem is the spring orientation. I've had that same issue, but once the spring was reversed, the problem went away. I'm not saying this was the case with yours, just something I've observed with the long clickers.

Last edited:

SteveG

Many times the problem is the spring orientation. I've had that same issue, but once the spring was reversed, the problem went away. I'm not saying this was the case with yours, just something I've observed with the long clickers.

You make a good point to check. In my case, the spring had that slightly smaller end on it which grips on to a small shoulder on the refill (prevents "fly away spring syndrome"). So spring orientation was the same both before and after.

darrin1200

I have found with this style, that the problem is in the nib hole. I have found that sometimes the refill actually catches in the hole. If you take a small round jewelers file and lightly clean the inside of the hole it will work great.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom