CSUSA Fountain pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

I just recently received some of the new Retro Jr Gent rollerball and fountain pen kits and to my surprise, included in the fountain kits along with an ink cartridge was a converter. It seems they finally listened to SOME of our suggestions and are now including a converter with each fountain pen kit. Now if they could only update their website.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Originally posted by LanceD
<br /> Now if they could only update their website.....

I just look and realized that Nils photo is still there in meet the staff !!!![:0]

Their web site don't seems to be their priorities. But they got great service so..... i guess (and agree) that they prefer invest their effort in service before their website maintenance.

Alfred

Rifleman1776

There is a lot about CS that we (including myself) all like. But accuracy in the catalog, updating the web site and customer response is not among those things. There just seems to be an attitude of indifference.
BTW, what is a "Retro" Jr. Gent? I can't find it in their catalog.

rickbw

Not sure if I follow the service comments. Looks like one comment states they have good service another states they do not have good service.

My experience has been negative on their customer service. They have a great catalog and lots of great "stuff", but I have been purchasing my supplies from Woodturningz and Arizona Sil since I had a bad experience with CS.

mewell

Recently I ordered 8 Jr. Gent FPs... 6 of the 8 came with the adapter, 2 did not. I called customer service and said I was missing a couple of adapters. The response was "Not all kits have them so I can't replace them." The 2 that were missing were the same pen and part number of others that came with. Since some customers ONLY use cartridges I didn't pitch a b*tch and settled for her answer. Usually CSUSA's customer service is top notch and I really like their products so I'll continue to do business with them, but I agree with the comments about spotty attention to details.

Mark

Mikey

Mark, I've never gotten the adapters in any of their kits, so if you got 6 that did, you should e happy and figure that as savings for the ones you don't need to buy extra.

Just so I am getting this right, you are upset with the CS because they would not give you extra items that never came with their pens before and that you had always had to pay extra for?

Malainse

"NEVER" ???? 75% of his order had the converter...[;)]
I also would call and ask to see if they changed and now included a converter.

Customer service for me has been great ... I also agree there website needs some work... Does not take that long to update the site with new items ?? But, is done much later then the catalog and that takes weeks, with layout, printing ect.

If I recall correctly they said around the first of this year a new site would be up and running..[?]

woodbutcher

Personally Craft Supply has always been very good to me. They have gone the extra mile for me on several occasions 95% of all my pen making stuff comes from them. Much of the larger turning related stuff comes local vendors but again a good bit still comes from Craft Supply. If you have a problem or feel mistreated call them. After all we are the customer. I agree keeping their website current would be nice. They do send catalogs frequently. My wife always goes through it to decide what needs to be the next new thing for us.[;)] It seems to me the overall quality of the kits are nicer than some of the competition BUT that is just my opinion FWIW.[:)]

rickbw

Just as a follow up to my comment about service and my dissatisfaction. I did call them back and complained and that is when I became frustrated with them as I was given a somewhat "runaround" and told to ask for a rebate on my next order.

In my opinion, if a mistake is made, I should not be expected to ask for a rebate next time. The supplier should be willing to handle the situation in a more appropriate manner than this.

Perhaps it was a one time situation, but for me it is similar to going to a restaurant and getting bad service or bad food..... there are too many choices than to go back again.

Fred

Return the order and tell them that there are OTHER vendors that will supply your needs.

Be sure to tell the Forum members of your - or anyone's - problems with any vendor. We stick together and I bet we will have some influence on the decisions that are forthcoming!

Maybe there ought to be a Vendor Complaint/Brag Section here in the Forum ... [;)]

mewell

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />Mark, I've never gotten the adapters in any of their kits, so if you got 6 that did, you should e happy and figure that as savings for the ones you don't need to buy extra.

Just so I am getting this right, you are upset with the CS because they would not give you extra items that never came with their pens before and that you had always had to pay extra for?

Mike - I'm not upset at all. But I have always gotten adapters with all the fountain pens I've received from CSUSA over the last year or so. This was the first batch that some came with and some did not.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have never recveived any adapter with the FP's I have bought from CSUSA. I have bought quite a few Gents and Statesman, both regular and Jrs, have never once received them.

gerryr

I recently ordered 6 Jr. Gent rhodium FP kits and they all came with convertors. I think they are starting to add them, but I would guess they still have stock without so its probably hit and miss. I have to order some more Jr. Gent FP kits for the same customer and I plan to call and specify that I require the convertors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom