Cracked stabilized dyed BEB ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petricore

I made a pen for a customer out of yellow BEB that was stabilized. He recently took it to china where it developed a crack. I'm assuming its because of the drastic climate change (humidity ?) any ideas ? I'm going to return the tubes for him, but want to prevent this in the future. I have an order for 4 pens that are going somewhere more humid than where I am at, anything I should be careful of before shipping them ? I use a CA finish (no BLO) at present, but am willing to change things up if it means I wont get more people sending pens back for cracks....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

If it was stabilized, I'd think the humidity wouldn't have much of an effect. Did he carry the pen on the plane or check it? If he checked it, it could have been the temperature changes between ground to altitude to ground that may have caused it. What does the crack look like? Is it mostly straight and inline with the tube or does it follow the twisted grain of the burl? Does the pen show any signs of abuse (dropped, etc)?

Petricore

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />

Remind him not to bring any dog food or toys home with him. [}:)]

lol.
I am having him take a picture so I can post it up here. Will update as soon as I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom