Contact PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

Has anyone tried emailing PSI lately?I've sent 2 emails last week with no reply.After tomorrow I will never buy from them again.I live in Ireland so I'm not calling them.I will give the business to another company.Last chance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Has anyone tried emailing PSI lately?I've sent 2 emails last week with no reply.After tomorrow I will never buy from them again.I live in Ireland so I'm not calling them.I will give the business to another company.Last chance.

I've emailed before with no response. It is frustrating I believe that calling is the effective way to reach them, although I understand why you don't want to make the international call

rich gubbin

After personal experience I,ll never buy direct from PSI always use another supplier as a middle man. That way when you have a problem, and you will with PSI stuff, at least you have a contact point.

PMisiaszek

I've been buying pen making supplies from Penn State for 10 years. I always order online, and that has worked very well for me. On the several occasions where there has been a problem with my order, usually a part missing from a kit, I have always called and the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction, immediately. So, no complaints from me on their customer service. When it comes to responding to emails, I've never tried that with Penn State, but I have with several of the other suppliers we all deal with, including several who are regulars on this forum. I can't remember one time when I've received a response to an email. That includes the sites that invite an email, for example, when an item is not in stock and the invitation is to contact me when the item is back in stock. In their defense, often we're dealing with "mom and pop" businesses who are just trying to keep their heads above order processing orders in a timely way.

Jim Burr

Banned
I must confess that in my limited dealings with PSI...they have served me well. Only one phone issue and several orders of "things". I know people bash them a lot, but so far...we're good.

plantman

:frown::frown: I have been buying from PSI for over 15 years with no real problems. But now, that I have been recoveing for the last couple of months and not ordering anything, they E-mail with a coupon for 20% off my next on-line order. I have tried to order something 3 different times, and every time I enter the coupon code, it says it is an invalid number. I have E-mailed them several times, with no answers. I may still buy there products, but it won't be from them!!!! Jim S

Cmiles1985

I sent them an email when I first bought my lathe, and I was looking for help/parts. That's been four months, and luckily I didn't hold my breath!! I have bought from them with great success, but I'm not a fan of their new shipping policy (example: I need two bushing sets, and shipping will be as much as the bushings, which are high from them anyways).

Sorry for the mini-rant. Answer: yes, I've had email issues with psi.

Old Codger

Sorry to hear that you've had issues with PSI... :>( I've ordered numerous items from them and never had a problem and have been quite pleased with their products and quick service to date... In fact, I have two orders from them in shipment as we chat... I have to admit, I've never had an issue with any of their products and have never attempted to contact them via email, but understand that their customer service via telephone is top notch... Might give them a try that way vice contact via email... Good luck and safe turning to you!

Karl_99

Fortunately, my experience with PSI has been very good and the last two times it has been outstanding! I placed an order online to use a coupon that I recieved, but since I have a PA sales tax ID, I requested a refund of the sales tax. The sales tax was quickly refunded, the order shipped complete and it beat an order from Exotics by 1 day! ...and we know how good their service is!

I would make 1 phone call to them and then use that time to find out the best way to communicate with them from overseas if an issue comes up in the future.

unclefuzzy

I seem to remember a notification from them that they were doing end of year inventory now. Also that items ordered after a certain date would be longer getting out.

monophoto

I've have found PSI customer service to be very responsive to phone calls.

e-mails are different. I've had two encounters with them by e-mail. The first time was in connection with the first order I placed with them - I ordered the wrong item, but I recognized my mistake a couple of hours later and sent them an e-mail requesting that they modify the order. I did NOT get a reply, but they did make the requested correction and in fact supplied the correct item.

The second encounter was when I was having a problem understanding how to use an item that I had purchased from them. I sent them an e-mail, and I got a reply, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. A phone call cleared up the confusion.

I don't think the way PSI responds to e-mails is greatly different from the way that other vendors respond. e-Mail is a quick form of communication, and unfortunately, too many people speak without thinking carefully about what they are saying and about how it will be understood by the recipient of the e-mail. I placed an order on another well-known vendor two weeks ago, and got a back a brief but cryptic message that I initially couldn't understand. Eventually, I figured out that they were saying that the item I wanted was backordered.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
we all want perfection.. and deservedily so... but ultimately, we are fallable. do we allow our vendors to error, and correct their mistakes... patience and more patience. if it is an honest company - they will make good!

WriteON

They are not perfect but they try. They have great products. I order online when I'm in Fl and I walk into the store when in Pa. Don't give up on them.

Tim'sTurnings

I have made a lot of purchases from PSI over many years. I tried emails when there were problems and got no responses. I gave up on trying any emails again, no need for the frustration. Telephone calls get very quick responses and I have always been more than satisfied. I use PSI when they have the items I want.
Tim.

kovalcik

PSI is notoriously bad at answering emails. On the good side though, I have never needed to email them for a problem. I did email a couple times for other info with no response.

raar25

i wish there was more competion for some of the things they have, but based on price and selection I keep going back to them, knowing their fine when there are no mistakes (which is normally) but when they have problems I have to call directly and sometimes sit through hearing their overworked and its not their fault becauce the rep has 4 kids to feed and cant afford to lose their job....

Any way, right now I dont see anyway around them for much of what they sell, because I really need to buy on price to keep my margins from erroding.

Top Bottom