component kit for cartridge pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It seems to me that using a slimline kit for cartridge pens would leave you with some unused parts does anyone make a component kit with just the parts you'd need for those pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

True. I make these with real bullets and put a Euro style top on them vice a slimline top. The Euro style is a bit wider and the pen looks better IMO.

You can buy all the parts seperately as stated above.

Sylvanite

I don't know of any vendor that sells a stripped kit (no nib or centerband). Whenever I've priced the individual parts, they've come to more than the price of a whole kit. I just buy regular slimline or euro kits and toss the unused parts into a pile.

Regards,
Eric

zig613

I do the same as Eric. I buy the complete 7mm euro kits and toss the unused centre band and nib. If anyone is in need of any 24k gold euro centre bands or nibs send me a PM and we can work something out.

Wade

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
possible kit

I can get a kit with fancy slimline clip and cap, euro tubes, cross style 7mm transmission, cross style refill, no tip(nib) and no centerband. Cost would be about the same as a slimline kit.

Could probably also get a Euro kit without the tip(nib) and center band for a tad less than a standard Euro.

Is there enough interest to bother?

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I did some bullet pens using a euro kit bought the slimline nibs from wooden-n-wimsies. they have them in both gold and chrome

Mark

I use Smitty's 7mm transmission :biggrin: and an aftermarket clip. Then I get the brass tube in 10" lengths from wherever I end up finding it. I'm trying to get to the point of not using the slimline at all. My hidden clip hasn't worked out as of yet, so I'm using up some of my leftover finials to hold the clips in for now. Someday...

Top Bottom