COCCOLOBA UVIFERA /Sea Gape

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdustier

Has anyone ever turned any of this? I'm in the Fla Keys on vacation and there are still lots of trees down from Wilma passing through. I'm trying to talk hubby into letting me keep the small log of this I picked up. The dark orange color is what intriqued me.

2005111717213_seagrape.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

I'd tell him to find another ride home if you can't keep a few little hunks. [;)] You could also find another hunk [}:)] if you know what I mean.If you do end up keeping any make sure to coat the ends so they don't end up cracking on you.

Wayne

Rifleman1776

Is that what is commonly called 'cocobolo'? If it is, toss out hubby and carry all you can back home. And, since when does a woman have a problem trying to get permission from hubby for something? [;)]

Dario

Didn't know they grow that big. I've seen lots of that used as hedges and very pretty too. Love the waxy thick leaves of it.

My Motto for free items...when in doubt, grab it. (doesn't apply to wood only) [}:)][;)]

It is easy to toss it later if you don't like it. [;)]

alamocdc

Grab it, Shirley! I had LOML's minivan loaded down with all kinds of wood when we came back from HER vacation in Texas this summer. She wasn't terribly thrilled about having a few hundred pounds of logs in the van, but she got over it. [:D] And I got some nice stuff! Some of it free, some of it I not. She's wise to me now though. We're going home for Christmas and knows that I'm planning on collecting more stuff (I have an appointment w/Dario [;)]) so she's making me drive my truck. Oh well, that just means I can haul more. [}:)]

My brother has been in Louisiana cutting trees off of houses since Katrina and has been saving any burls and nice pieces of crotch he finds for me. [8D] Sorry for the shameless gloat! I just couldn't resist.

chigdon

I have turned some really interesting wood from the keys. I would say grab it for one main reason you can't easily get it otherwise. Just about every tree in the keys is protected. That and they most all have interesting color and grain pattern. Send me the left overs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom