Closed end pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Neededwill

So I wanted to get suggestions for closed end pen kits. I have been looking and I do not want a fountain style just a basic rollerball, etc.

Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I posted a similar question a few months ago. Let me see if I can find the link for you. There may be new developments since those responses were rendered; I am eager to hear what others have to say. Be right with you.

BSea

Jr Gent I (also called Jr Gent Apprentice), Caballero, Baron, Sedona, or the Orion. All of these use the same size tubes, but the orion lower barrel uses a longer brass tube, so there is more support for the blank. I bought several extra tube sets for tht orion & use them for closed end Jr Gents.

Then there are Jr. Gent II, Jr. Retro, Jr. Statesman, Desire, Eagle, Virtually any roller ball can be made into a closed end.

Dan Masshardt

http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles Read the closed end pen articles. Rollerballs or fountain pen are the same. Nothing mystical about making a fountain pen. Do a good turn daily! Don Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 4 using Forum Runner

Except that rollerball pens call for making the length of the pen tube a bit more precise as it must adequately accommodate the refill and spring. Fountains can be shortened a little bit if desired.

its_virgil

Thanks..I should have added that to my reply. Some precise measuring is needed. I like to leave room for a converter on the fountain pen also.
Do a good turn dsily!
Don

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 4 using Forum Runner

plano_harry

I like the curves of the Retro, but any of the Jr2s are nice choices. As you are shaping the closed end, make double sure you know where the hole is! First time as I was facing of the tailstock pilot hole, it turned into the pointed tip of the drill hole! :mad: Give the length some thought in comparison to the original design and don't make it minimum length, unless that is your goal. My early efforts could have been a little longer for better appearance.

BSea

I like the curves of the Retro, but any of the Jr2s are nice choices. As you are shaping the closed end, make double sure you know where the hole is! First time as I was facing of the tailstock pilot hole, it turned into the pointed tip of the drill hole! :mad: Give the length some thought in comparison to the original design and don't make it minimum length, unless that is your goal. My early efforts could have been a little longer for better appearance.
I agree with this 100%. Most of Harry's early pens were too short. JK :biggrin:

I actually agree 100% because many of my 1st ones looked too short also. Here's what we mean:
Not bad, just looks kinda stumpy. Another 1/8" or 3/16" would have looked much better IMHO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom