Cigar's cheap kits ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Petricore

I have made quite a few cigars for people, and they are very popular. I went back and looked at one I made maybe 9 months ago and its used around our office and mainly carried to meetings and set on desks, nothing too brutal, and I noticed the black paint around the hardware was already rubbing off ! Is this normal ? Is it just a cheap kit or what ? I feel bad charging 40 bucks if the thing wont even last a year in these conditions....
What are your experiences ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

twoofakind

I had been using an acrylic pen with satin gold hardware and the black hardware is starting to wear around the edges. I ordered a couple of the WPP Ti/black Ti and the rhodium as well. The black Ti is holding up well, but the gold Ti is not fairing so well, and this is only after a month's use. Not sure if I got a bad batch or not, but for the extra money I am leary on ordering more.
Andy

Petricore

Man this is extremely dissapointing news. So far I'm using mainly the black titanium's from CSUSA, but I've made a couple chromes as well. I'll have to check out woodpenpro and see if they are any better.

warreng8170

I had a cigar with painted parts that had chip in it after the first time I put in my pocket (I think my keys ended up in the same pocket which was bad anyway). I just made some more cigars from kits from a different supplier and if I am not mistaken, the black parts on those kits seemed to be plastic which would probably hold up better (nothing to chip off). I will check and see if that is the case. If so I'll pass along the suppliers name.

-warren

Buzz

I wonder if you are referring to a black chrome kit. It is certainly the case that powder coated metal parts will chip and scratch pretty easily as Randy says with the Sierra.

I get my Cigar kits from BearTooth Woods (Berea reseller) and have had no problems with their finish. Although I have made very few Black Chrome Cigars.

Top Bottom