Cigar bushing question/problem...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

happycat

I just got my first cigar kits and am having some difficulty. I got the Big Samoan kits from Wood pen pro. The bushings have me a bit confused. None of the bushings are large enough to come near the center rings. I wasn't overly impressed with the instruction sheet so I looked up the cigar PDF on Berea and the bushings there seemed to be four diameters.... The ones I got from WPP are only three diameters. The two largest ( I believe they would be for the middle), are .536" , the other ones are .486 and.470. The one for the bottom of the "cap" seems like it should be larger to match the diameter of the black ring.
Orrrr maybe I'm just doing something wrong..... Not that I've ever been wrong before.....But I guess theres always a first time :D
Before I email WPP complaining that they sent me the wrong bushing, (and make a fool of myself) I figured I'd run it past you folks and get your opinion/advice.
Thanks,
Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

I believe you did get the wrong bushing. The large cap bushing for a cigar is around .575. Although each manufacturer is different and I have never ordered a Big Samoan. You could measure the ring for the cap opening and then measure your wood as you turn. You'll probably do a better job of fit that way anyway. I would shoot them (Jim is his name i think) an email and I am sure he will take care of you ASAP. Their customer service is very good.

In the mean time, just make your own bushing by drilling a scrap piece of wood or better yet, corian, glue a 7mm tube inside and turn that to the diameter stated above. Turn your blank to match. Why wait a week to turn that pen...have a go at it and have the pen done tonite!

happycat

Damm....Knew I should have ordered extra tubes. Maybe I can try it without the tube and see how that goes. May have to try a smaller bit. 'Thanks for the suggestion Glenn. Worst case I can eyeball it off the existing bushing and use the calipers to check it as I get close. Thats a skill I need to develope anyway.
Thanks Again!
Ed

Top Bottom