A CAUTIOUS warning ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

I subscribe to the Woodworker's Journal and the following article was in yesterday's edition. Have any of you heard of this "new" fake wood named Alowood?

I know the article states it is used for flooring, but it can be cut to pen blank size real easily ... well, duh!

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ezine/interview.cfm

It seems to me this stuff could/will eventually be used by unscrupulous woodworkers to dupe the public.

Maybe we all ought to think about having some kind of authentication certificates to go along with our product(s). You know kinda like what accompanies BOW and such.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks like a great "alternative line" for more cost conscious customers. Not so much for pens, but peppermills could be a great use. Advertise it as what it is. MANY customers won't care.[:)][:)]

Rifleman1776

Very interesting. I don't see it as a threat to those of us who use wood. Many of us use stabilized wood and the Aolwood is just a highly stabilized wood product. I'll bet the board foot price is astronomical. Until they solve the color fading and non-weather resistant problems, I don't think we will see much of it around for any use.

byounghusband

I find it interesting that they talk a lot about Exotics, but there are only 3 out of the 8 available colors that I would even consider an Exotic. I am curious about the board foot cost.
They mention on their website that it is available at 3 places in the Northwest and through two flooring companies. I could not find a single reference to Alowood on any to the websites listed on theirs...... [:(]
Time will tell.... [8)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom