• Majestic Jr.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Navi/Reinhart/Sedona

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Jr. Statesman

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Jr. Retro

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • What the heck is a "kit"? I say kitless or nothing!

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other - suggest something else in a reply

Votes: 38 16.1%

• Total voters

MorganGrafixx

So after lots of great suggestions, I have enough choices to put together a series of polls for my next daily carry pen. See the original thread here.

As we all know, certain pen styles lend themselves better to specific platings, and specific platings lend themselves better to certain blanks and finishes. The best way (that I can think of) to do a poll with so many options is to choose one aspect (i.e. style, plating, blank, etc...) at a time that will lead to the next option and so on. First up is going to be the pen style. Here we go!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I have small hands and my daily carry pen is a slimline polled mulberry with turquoise infill in a black chrome kit. It fits my hand and the little pocket in my purse. I've sold a lot of mulberry/turquoise off that pen, too!

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

I look at my stock and chose one based on my mood for the day. Usually a slimline or Sierra, but usually ballpoint of some sort.

TerryDowning

I usually end up using experiments and duds.

This is my latest experiment. My first kitless (Mostly) The blanks were left over remnants from the graduation pens that I just did. The top one was part of a cent that I drilled wrong and the top portion was too too far off center to use for production. The bottom one is a blowout that I repaired. 7MM Twist from another reject that never made it to production. The finial, tip and center band are custom turned out of Urethane which I get from work. I'm experimenting with the urethane parts for durability. The lengths of the blank are the same as a slimline, but the diameter is much larger .44 or so at the finial and tip.

FirstKitless.png

This is a finial about to be parted from the stock, the finial will be turned to size later. Notice that the urethane really takes a glossy shine.

Finial.png

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My carry pen is named the Perfect Fit where I purchased it from. I don't know it by another name, but it certainly could be. It is turned from BOW and it has a PR Easy Flow 9000 BP cartridge than I use to demonstrate, at least for now!

Does anyone recognize it by any other name? I haven't voted as yet, but this style of pen would be my vote if it has another name!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1005 Perfect Fit BP Pen. My sample! (Small).jpg
    1005 Perfect Fit BP Pen. My sample! (Small).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 951
Last edited:

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
anything that didn't 'make the cut' finish or assembly wise or a purpleheart polaris style

nativewooder

I always carry at least two different pens, my old cigar and a smaller modified slimline for the ladies to use and "borrow"! When they return it, I give them a freebie.

jlord

For everyday use I carry a couple different ones. #1 Wallstreet II Elegant Beauty w/snakewood blank & plated in blk ti/platinum. #2 Sierra with turner's laser cut inlay from Kallenshaan plated w/blk ti & platinum.

For the times I dress a little better I carry a Hybrid Cigar with an Amboynia burl blank. plated with blk ti & platinum. I changed the nib & clip from the bkl ti to rhodium to give it a little more shine. All have a CA finish.

Just bought a Majestic Junior rhodium/blk ti to make another dress up pen. I might use a Tru-stone blank or Honduran Rosewood Burl.

Because I make my own pens I can afford to carry the better plating's around. They have all increased sales so they have paid for themselves.

Attachments

• Cigar Blk Ti Platinum Amboynia Burl 018 Large Web view.jpg
    Cigar Blk Ti Platinum Amboynia Burl 018 Large Web view.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Snakewood Elegant Beauty Large Web view.jpg
    Snakewood Elegant Beauty Large Web view.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Turners Pen Large Web view.jpg
    Turners Pen Large Web view.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

WHSKYrvr1

I usually carry whichever pen I grab in the morning. I go to work early so I get dressed by flashlight, not to wake up to better half. Mostly its the Nouveau Sceptre with the M3 black and gold blank.

ldb2000

Kits ? whats a kit ? I switch between several of my OWN creations depending on my mood but my Spalted white acrylic and my Night storm Black pearl acrylic moded cigar are my favorites .

InvisibleMan

Voted cigar. I think it's the best all-around pen when sporting an Easy Flow 9000 refill. It fits my hand great, writes great and shows off a lot of material. No caps to lose, no rolling off the desk, no clicker to feel cheap. I like the bands and hardware the better ones come with.

My every day desk pen is one of my first ever. It's a platinum and black cigar with blackline buckeye burl. The ink is blue. The fit is just off, the finish shines, but has a wrinkle, and there is a fair bit of chipping along the edges. Far from perfect, but I love it and wouldn't think of parting with it for less than six bucks.

Mark

Currently carry an Electra wrapped in wood. I have several reserve styles. Just depends on what I'm wearing that day. I used to carry a Zen, but found the cap coming loose in my pocket a lot.

bitshird

I carry two or three pens, all the time, but one that is always in my pocket is my Jr. Retro Roller Ball thats in a deep forest green PR. And also one of about 7 fountain pens mostly Jr Gents or Jr. Statesman's Plus my red cactus long click I got fro Lupe.

Dan_F

I carry either a Ligero or El grande fountain pen, or a kitless fountain pen, depending on what ink color strikes my fancy for the day. Lately I have been grudgingly carrying an El Grande roller ball to work for use on carbonless forms at work. I don't like either heavy or skinny pens, and though I have small hands, I much prefer a fairly robust section to grip.

Dan

moke

I work at night as a cop...I made myself two matching long clicks. I like two things about them, they make a noisy click when you deploy the ball point...this is for effect!!! It drives the receipient of the ticket nuts!! Second, they are just the right size for the pocket opening in uniform. I do not like the platings....they are poor!

During the day at my business, I carry a segmented CA'ed Jr Gent 2...it was a dud that the segments are not quite straight. It is very beat up, but feels and writes great. I was glad to see others carry pens that were techiniques or experiments gone wrong.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I work at night as a cop...I made myself two matching long clicks. I like two things about them, they make a noisy click when you deploy the ball point...this is for effect!!! It drives the receipient of the ticket nuts!! Second, they are just the right size for the pocket opening in uniform. I do not like the platings....they are poor!

During the day at my business, I carry a segmented CA'ed Jr Gent 2...it was a dud that the segments are not quite straight. It is very beat up, but feels and writes great. I was glad to see others carry pens that were techiniques or experiments gone wrong.
Not sure where you get yours from but Aaron at Lau Lau ( http://laulauwood.com/ ) offers them in high end platings. Don't know what else you would want.

Landon

ctubbs

Mine is a Triton FP wearing a freeby from Ed. It carries most of my writing unless a ball point is required for carbons then my first slimline comes out for duty. I really like the way the ink flows from the Triton. SMOOOOOOOTH!
Charles

hilltopper46

Voted cigar. I think it's the best all-around pen when sporting an Easy Flow 9000 refill. It fits my hand great, writes great and shows off a lot of material. No caps to lose, no rolling off the desk, no clicker to feel cheap. I like the bands and hardware the better ones come with.

This echoes my thoughts very closely.

I carry a modified cigar that got a little too modified when I used the wrong tube for the upper barrel.
....Except for the days when I carry a Perfect Fit with a unique flame chechen blank I made in 2007.
....Except for the days when I carry a Berea round-top streamlined FP.
....Except for the days i carry something else...

I turned a slim line with AK-47 stock for the wood today...

That will be my carry pen. I like a twist pen in cammies, don't lose the cap and you don't get ink on your blouse where you stash your pen (left top below the collar for me).

I have a slim line with Gator Alley for my carry pencil.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom