CA issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I have a pen where the Rhodium fitting sides inside the brass tubing. I remember several of you stating the CA emits gases as it cures. changing the finish. I asking any of you what adhesive would you use to prevent the component from siding? Would a drop or two of CA on the component really change the Rhodium finish?

epoxy ? or ....

dennisg

I've used both ca and epoxy, leave the cap off the pen for 24 hours when using ca. I use lock tite more than the others lately. I think you will have to choose one depending on how loose the fit. No mather which you use, put it in the tube bot on the part.

Jim Burr

Banned
A drop of Med of Thick shouldn't hurt. The off gassing of CA is primarily to the exothermic reaction that's going to occur regardless. Remember that when you use it as a finish, there is a lot being used as opposed to the single drop for a part attachment.

Dave Turner

I agree with Dennis. I always use a little Loctite Blue on every pressure fitted connection for insurance. If your fit is very loose, I would consider using a small amount of 5 minute epoxy, being careful not to get any on a visible surface.

Top Bottom