BULLET CARTRIDGE CLICK Pen Kit pkcp2400

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

owlelope

I am having trouble getting this pen kit put together. I had problems doing this in February and I got some additional information that helped me get it together. I have misplaced that information. Can anyone help me out to get the additional instructions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

owlelope

I found the information on how to assemble the pen. It is attached I hope.

Attachments

• Click Mechanism Assembly.pdf
    470.6 KB · Views: 520

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Is your problem the clicker not staying extended when you operate the plunger or if it stays exyended not retracting whwn toy opertate the plunger. This is the most common failure with the 3 piece mechanisms and I have only ever seen 2 causes: 1) the refill spring hanging up because it is on the refill tip backwards - the fix is the larger diameter end of the spring goes toward the tip. 2) the More common one is the white plastic sleeve turning within the within the clip assembly. The clip mechanism works by the internal part rotating a partial turn each time the button is depressed while the sleeve remains fixed this allows it to lock on one depression and remain extended and unlock on the next depression allowing the the refill to retract. If the sleeve slips it does not work. The best approach I've found is to assemble the click mechanism into the clip assembly applying a little blue loctite to the sleeve before pressing the clip assembly in place this will assure that the sleeve stays fixed and the click will work. That is a very reliable click mechanism and it will probably never wear out in a normal lifetime.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty- I'm too slow to understand exactly where you put the loctite. Can you explain it 'slower' for me?
You can put it on the end of the plastic sleeve if you are careful not to get it on the threaded plunger shaft and make sure the sleeve pushes in far enough for it to make contact with the housing (cap/clip assembly). I usually put it on the outside wall of the white sleeve where it will make contact with the inside wall of the cap/clip assembly.

Top Bottom