Brass Tubes (darkening)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Dale!

I noticed you didn't have any replies yet, so I thought I'd jump in. To do a quick darken, I just color them up with a black Sharpie. It's not perfect, but it's going inside the blank and doesn't need to be perfect. If I have the time I would spray some paint on them, but I generally don't have the time. Good luck!

Scott.

jkeithrussell

Use something dark.

Black spray paint if you want them dark. White spray paint if you want them light. I just slip the tube over a dowel, spray, and wait to dry.

BigShed

My wife does leadlighting and I use her Black Patina (in fact to keep family harmony I have now purchased my own bottle!:rolleyes:).

Just dunk the brass tubes in that and they turn a very attractive shade of gunmetal, almost black.

No adhesion problems as with paint and no increase in diameter of the tube.

Jgrden

My wife does leadlighting and I use her Black Patina (in fact to keep family harmony I have now purchased my own bottle!:rolleyes:).

Just dunk the brass tubes in that and they turn a very attractive shade of gunmetal, almost black.

No adhesion problems as with paint and no increase in diameter of the tube.
You must have been married for a while to know how to keep harmony in the family. lol.gif

Top Bottom