attaching emblems to pen clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

icfbob

Does anyone have any experience affixing emblems to pen clips. I had made numerous 24 kt gold emblems for an association I belong to and then ordered an equal number of 24 KT gold pen clips. The epoxy resin and CA glue do not seem to secure the back of the flat emblem to the face of the flat clip. I should have had them soldered together before they were plated, but that is water under the bridge. They told me once were plated, the solder would disturb/discolor the plating on the emblems/clips.

I now have 600 emblems and 600 clips that I have a need to join permanently together. Any ideas?? All comments appreciated. I am a new IAP Member, so if I did not post this properly, please excuse and maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks BOB:angry:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Don't know the size of your emblems or their shape from your post. However, if the are round take a look at Hutproducts.com. They have gold and chrome clips for slim line pens with the round mounting part in place. Check them out it may be of some help to you.

mrcook4570

Try sanding the areas to be joined with 150 grit to provide more surface area for the glue to hold. Then join with epoxy or possibly JB Weld.

CA, even if it did hold, would eventually become brittle and fail when used for that application.

icfbob

Thanks all who replied. This was great help. I took my Dremel tool and ruffed up both surfaces. I then bought some fresh epoxy at Lowe's and it was 3200 psi. Check in the morning to see how it worked.Thanks again, especially for the link to Hut!! A little pricey but next tine I have 600 made, I'LL have them made this way.

icfbob

I'll try the JB Weld today. The standard epoxy does not hold. There is not enough surface area contact to connect the pen clip to the emblem. If I could find a craft jeweler, maybe micro-soldering would be the way to go.

Top Bottom