Apprentice Fancy Slimline Pen Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was looking to place a large order with Craft Supplies for the 24k Apprentice Fancy Slimline Pen when I realized that they were out of stock of the bushings. Does anyone have a set of these bushings that could measure them compared to a regular slimline bushing. Even though I've turned quite a few pens I don't trust myself to wing it.

What about quality compared to a regular slimline pen?

Thanks for any help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Originally posted by BrentK

You may want to check Woodturningz. They carry the fancy slim line kits also.

I would think there is a very good chance the Woodturningz bushings will not match up with the pen kits you bought.

GBusardo

Maybe I am wrong, all my slim bushings are worn and I use a caliper for final sanding. However, I do remember noticing a difference between new PSI bushings and the hardware on the China made kits that I bought. I have not used any Apprentice kits, but most of the platings of kits that were made in China cannot compare to the regular PSI or regular CSUS kits. Maybe Craft Supplies has better quality control and checks their Apprentice platings. The only exception I have found is the Black TI kits from Woodpen Pro. They look great to me. These are just my experiences. Is there anyway you can use a caliper and measure your hardware, then turn and sand to size? That's the best approach in my opinion.

Top Bottom