acrylic + laser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

It seems like I have read that laser engraving acrylic usually doesn't work so well. Is this true? I would assume that trying to engrave acrylic with an engraving bit would chip it.
What's the consensus from you guys that actually have laser engravers. Is acrylic ok, or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomcatchevy

I don't have an engraver but I have had a lot of engraving done with 95% being acrylic with no problems. I worked with the engraver with some spare blanks to get the settings right. The pic is of an order from last year with 64 pens single engraving (61 acrylic) and 65 keychains double-sided engraving (61 acrylic). Later additional orders had another 14 pens and about 3 dozen keychains too! Never a problem!

Attachments

• HPIM1973.jpg
    HPIM1973.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 163

ablair

I don't have an engraver but I have had a lot of engraving done with 95% being acrylic with no problems. I worked with the engraver with some spare blanks to get the settings right. The pic is of an order from last year with 64 pens single engraving (61 acrylic) and 65 keychains double-sided engraving (61 acrylic). Later additional orders had another 14 pens and about 3 dozen keychains too! Never a problem!

nice collection!

I haven't engraved acrylic pens but I have laser engraved A LOT of acrylic. The main issue you have to be concerned about with acrylics is contrast (and melting of course). Some acrylics don't give you much contrast when engraved but that's easily fixed with a little paint fill.

Mike

Top Bottom