50TH Wedding Anniversary Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wright

I have been asked to make my brother- in- law and Sister-in -law a 50TH wedding anniversary pen. The body of the pen will be white polyester resin with white pearl-x mixed in. I won't to use a gold date made from a decal on the PR. My question is how do I seal and finish the decal on PR? Can you use CA on PR? Any help will be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WildThings

I use CA on my decals over PR. Enough coats (10-20) so the edges are completely covered then finished through all mm grits. Another thought, which is what I have done also, is have the date laser engraved and then filled with gold filling. That comes out sweet

reiddog1

If you have your heart set on the decals, I would recommend the following. Over turn blank by at least .05. Sand and completly mm blank, cause decals love a slick surface. Add decal and let set over night. Then back to the lathe for 15 to 20 coats of CA. Finish as you would any other CA finish. Hope this helps.

Dave

Wright

I thank you all for your ideas. That is what makes IPA a wonderful site and association. I'm proud to be part of it. Everyone is so helpful. I think that since this is a special pen I'll probably go with laser and gold fill. Thanks also for the process on how to finish a decal on PR. That is good to know for future work! Thanks again.

Top Bottom