1st Time Sierra Problem...Advice please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

I just experienced my first Sierra problem...went to press in the nib and it was quite a bit smaller than the inside diameter of the tube...The ID of the tube is .389 The OD of the nib to be pressed in is .380 For comparison, the correct OD of the clip to be pressed in is .391 So, do I contact Berea to get a new nib, or Bill at AZ Sil? Or am I out of luck? The kit was a platinum/blk ti. Thanks...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

The nib end is smaller.
The transmission fits into the clip end and that is what holds it in.

The nib end once it is all assembled is long enough that it fits into the clip end.
I hope this helps.

DKF

The nib end presses into the tube with the transmission and refill together....it is a fit that is tight, but you are still able to pull apart to be able to change out the refill....this nib end will fall out of the tube it is so loose.

jhs494

I think that what hold it into place is the end of the transmission that has a raised crimp that fits into the clip end cap.
The kit that I am holding on a finished pen the nib end measures .383" in dia.it will fall out on its own but the clip cap holds it into place.

DKF

I will have to check mine, but all the Sierra Vistas that I have made have had a friction fit on the nib end...maybe the Sierra is different. Thanks

DKF

jhs494.....You are right.....my bad.......I just went and checked one of my finished Sierra Vistas, and they are the same....nib end will fall out and it is the transmission that holds it into place in the cap end. Wow, I must be getting old! Thanks for clearing this up for me.

jhs494

No problem I just finished four of them for christmas presents and I have one more to go. It kinda threw me when I went to assemble my first one. I thought oh sh!P something isn't right and then i gave it a good look and saw it. Glad to help. I sure have gotten loads of help just reading everyones posts.:)

Top Bottom