3rd and FINAL puzzle of the BASH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Ok, here we go with the LAST puzzle of the Bash. Much like the first one, this one will be more traditional than the previous one. We have reintroduced the check answer button. Having done this, will let you know if you are correct or not. That being the case, here is the deal. If the answer check says you are wrong, no matter how much you want to believe you are not, there is a different answer that is THE correct answer for this puzzle. Some info was not obtained directly from the IAP site, some was, but all is related to the site and/or what we (the members) do there. It is designed to be difficult, possibly even mind bending. The "Prize Patrol" has given me 2 (TWO) great prizes to award so give it your best. There is one deadline for this puzzle it is 12 P.M. EST on Feb 27<sup>th</sup>. I (my contest announcer actually) will draw 2 names on Feb 28<sup>th</sup> and I will post the winners on the 28<sup>th</sup> as well. Please go HERE to begin.

The first name drawn will win: Inlay kit package from Constant at LazerLinez.

The second name drawn will get a $25 gift Certificate from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods.

NOTE:There is a small error on the puzzle I could not get corrected. Please see the image below for the correction.

1)A blank square was inserted between 2 words on the answer I have "blacked out" this square between the two word so please insert a space between these words on your answer in the puzzle. All other two word answers have the space omitted.
2)The clue says "make" but should read "making" THESE ERRORS HAVE BEEN FIXED
3)The clue says "carts" but should say "carats" THESE ERRORS HAVE BEEN FIXED

Sorry about that but noticed it late and ran out of time to get it fixed. The crossword puzzle fixer upper fixed it for you!

**Edited by MesquiteMan

Attachments

• puzzle corrections.jpg
    puzzle corrections.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
some easy, some average and some real rippers!!!! :)
Yes sir. Now keep in mind, if you think you are right but the puzzle check says no, it is MY puzzle, my answers are correct. :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

If there is more than one "correct" answer, the one that the puzzle check says is correct is THE answer.:tongue: No one needs to get crazy upset, if you really need to vent, please do so to me via PM. I will gladly debate it with you.:)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The clue errors have been fixed. I could not fix the space issue since it would mean I would have to completely regenerate the puzzle and it would change the layout.

markgum

glad it snowed last night. Now, I can work on the puzzle. :biggrin: THANK YOU LANDON for the extra puzzle effort.

turbowagon

Down to 3 left and I'm ready to give up...

Bark Cloth Tree
Wood Collection
Wood Characteristic

:confused:

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hope everyone is still plugging away on this. There are a couple GREAT prizes at stake.
Still a couple more days to tackle it.:bananen_smilies104:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Landon's puzzles seem to be a huge success. Maybe he should crank one out every week from now on??:devil:

Thanks landon for this new addition to the Birthday Bash!!!

markgum

over 1/2 done. makin' us dig for some of these answers eh Landon?? Great puzzle thanks for putting another one together.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Dig? Yep, might even need some excavation equipment to help.:eek:

The "Prize Patrol" gave some great prizes for the puzzle, therefore I guess I felt obliged to make you earn them. Still have a day or so to go and right now I have nothing to draw a winner from.:bulgy-eyes: Should I have stumped everyone by the deadline, prizes will be awarded to whoever gets the most correct. Ties will be broken by random draw between them. I'm sure someone will stumble upon the answers sooner or later (well I guess maybe later as sooner has passes I think) :wink: so keep plugging away, still time to go.

Pete275

Hey Landon, does this one come with free duct tape, my head's about to explode. Kidding aside these puzzles have been lots of fun. I've really enjoyed doing them and I'm not a puzzle person.

markgum

got it submitted, way to many blanks I'm sure, but threw it in the pot anyway just incase.
THANK YOU LANDON for this puzzle. learned A LOT. normally don't do crosswords, but I learn from these and that makes it worth it.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Little less than an hour remains. Looks like my "winners pool" will be quite small to draw from.:biggrin: I will post the completed puzzle sometime tomorrow in a thread of its own. If you want to keep working on it, do not view that thread.:wink: I will also post the drawing winners tomorrow as well. Thanks to all who spent the time trying. I will try to do another one sometime. I want to thank Curtis (Mesquiteman) again, without his tech help, they would have not been as successful as they were.

Landon

Top Bottom